- When A Lady Slapped Abhishek Bachchan Outside A Theatre & Told Him To Stop Acting!
- A Guy Shamed & Blamed Abhishek Bachchan For Manmarziyaan's FAILURE: The Actor FIRES Back At Him
- Manmarziyaan Fiasco: Abhishek Bachchan Refuses To Take Anurag Kashyap’s Side Over Smoking Scene
- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn’t Want To Make Aaradhya Feel Awkward; Will Avoid Doing This!
- Taapsee Pannu Trolls People Who Protested The 'Smoking Scene' In Manmarziyaan! View Tweets
- Manmarziyaan Film-makers Delete 3 Scenes Which Hurt Sikh Sentiments
- Abhishek Bachchan Doesn't Like Aaradhya Getting Papped; Says, 'Let Her Grow Up & Decide'!
- Is Navya Naveli Nanda Planning To Work In Bollywood? Abhishek Bachchan Answers
- Taapsee Pannu To Marry Her Boyfriend Mathias Boe By The End Of The Year? Read Details!
- Manmarziyaan Weekend Collection: Film Mints Rs. 14.33 Crores In 3 Days!
- Manmarziyaan: Abhishek Bachchan-Taapsee Pannu-Vicky Kaushal Film Gets A Thumbs Up From The Audience!
- Manmarziyaan Movie Review: Anurag Kashyap Paints Love On The Canvas In Its Truest Form!
After a gap of two years, Abhishek Bachchan is back on the silver screen with Anurag Kashyap's Manmarziyaan. Not just that, he has also signed up a film called Gulab Jamun opposite his wife Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. During his short hiatus from work, the actor often found himself getting trolled for the same. But Abhishek always had a sassy reply to his detractors. Now that he's back with a bang, we just can't wait to watch him on screen.
Meanwhile, in a recent interview with DNA, Aishwarya spoke about Abhishek's break from work, why she agreed to star with him in Gulab Jamun and much more.
What Made Aishwarya Say A Yes To Gulab Jamun?
To this, the actress said, "I agreed on it early last year. At that time, Abhishek had taken a small break to review his work."
'Abhishek's Break From Work Was A Good Move'
Supporting her hubby's decision Aishwarya said, " It was a good move because I think every professional should do that. He just wanted to sit back and decide what he wanted to do next."
Her Take On Teaming Up With Abhishek After A Gap Of 8 Years
"He chose Manmarziyaan then, and now with Anurag directing this one (Gulab Jamun) too, people have incidentally put it together and there have been a lot of re-mentions. We will set the plan to do this one soon."
Is She Also Doing Shailesh Singh's Cop Drama With Abhishek?
Aishwarya revealed, "The discussions stopped midway in February this year. Abhishek had asked them to rewrite some aspects of his character. I don't know whether he continued to show interest in it or he dropped it completely.
She Won't Work With Abhishek Just For The Sake Of It
"I'm not saying that it has to be Abhishek and me together, otherwise we won't do the film. We are both liberated as artistes. But it still needs to be ideally cast. Only then you will see the magic on screen."
On Her Upcoming Films 'Jasmine' & 'Raat Aur Din' Remake
"I had asked the makers of the surrogacy story (Jasmine) for a rewrite. There were two remakes (Woh Kaun Thi and Raat Aur Din), which were interesting ideas. I respect the movies of those times (the '60s). So, I asked them to get their rights in place."
On Reprising Nargis' Role In 'Raat Aur Din'
"When Sanju (Sanjay Dutt) and I were filming Shabd (2005), he had said that if there was ever a remake of Raat Aur Din, I should essay the protagonist. It made me happy that he believed I could play his mother's role."
Well, one thing is for sure! We just can't wait to witness Abhishek-Aishwarya's scintillating chemistry on screen. What about you folks?