This morning, we had reported that Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar reached Chandigarh to record his statemment with the Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing incidents of police firing at Kotkapura and Behbal Kalan in 2015 following the desecration of Guru Granth Sahib in Bargari, Faridkot.
We hear that after a two-hour long interrogation, the actor is now back on his way to Mumbai. As per a Times Now report, the entire conversation that the SIT had with Akshay was video-recorded. Some of the questions asked in the interrogation included-
ALSO READ: 2015 Bargari Sacrilege Row: Akshay Kumar Appears Before SIT In Chandigarh
1. Was there a financial dealing between Akshay Kumar and Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh's trust?
2. Was Akshay Kumar planning a film with Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh?
3. Did he ever meet Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh?
4. Did he break a deal with the former Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab, Sukhbir Singh Badal and Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh?
5. Did Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh ever stay at his Juhu property as his wife Twinkle Khanna's tweet suggested?
According to News18, the actor denied all the allegations and said that it was a conspiracy to defame him. Akshay mentioned in his statement, "I don't know why I've been dragged in this case. All allegations of the meeting looks like a script of a movie. I was in Punjab in 2011 for a performance that's when I happen to meet Sukhbir Badal."
He further said, "I've never met Gurmeet Ram Rahim. Neither me nor my wife Twinkle Khanna (@mrsfunnybones) are followers of him. Twinkle had tweeted a satirical post on Ram Rahim due to which our name is being linked."
Further, he investigating officers will corroborate Akshay's statement with those given by former Chief Minister of Punjab, Prakash Singh Badal and his son Sukhbir.
On the work front, Akshay Kumar will be next seen in Rajinikanth's 2.0 which is slated to hit the bigs screens next week. The actor recently wrapped the shooting schedule of Housefull 4.