- Kapil Sharma Is Following Akshay Kumar’s Lifestyle These Days!
- Sui Dhaga Challenge: Alia Bhatt Nominates Karan Johar & Ranbir Kapoor; Akshay Kumar Fails To Do It
- Rajinikanth Unhappy With 2.0 Storyline? Is Akshay Kumar The Real Hero Of The Film?
- After Sui Dhaaga, Rajinikanth's 2.0 Becomes A Favourite Meme Target! View Funny Memes Here
- Here’s How Akshay Kumar & Twinkle Khanna Wished Their Son Aarav On His 16th Birthday!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Infamous Fight With Bobby Deol's Wife: She Didn't Behave Properly With My Mom
- Housefull 4: Akshay Kumar & Kriti Sanon To Shoot A Baahubali War Spoof In Jaisalmer Palace
- Robo 2.0: Why Is Rajinikanth's Chitti Seen Making The Cuckoo Noise? Details Revealed Here
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: Akshay Kumar, Anushka Sharma, Sonam Kapoor Wish Everyone A Happy Festival
- Robo2.0: Will The Rajinikanth Starrer Be The First Indian Film To Cross Rs 2000 Crores Worldwide?
- 2.0 Teaser: Rajinikanth And Akshay Kumar’s Film Promises To Be An Absolute Delight!
- Akshay Kumar Shares New Posters Of Kesari & 2.0
Akshay Kumar says his work ethic has helped him get through difficult times in Bollywood as producers trusted him even when he had over a dozen flops to his name. The actor, who is playing an assistant manager with dreams of leading the newly Independent India to Olympic victory in period drama, Gold, said he has always considered himself to be producer's actor first and that's the advice he gave to his co-star, debutante Mouni Roy.
Akshay On His Disastrous Days
"Once I had 16 flops but I still had four more films (to release). Not because I was a director's actor (yes, you have to be that) but because I was a producer's actor. The producer is the one who invests money."
Akshay Reveals His Long-term Thinking
"One of them said, 'It's a two-hero film. This guy is fine. He is punctual, he does an okay job and he'll do action and all'," Akshay said recalling an incident from his early career.
"I believe in long-term thinking. I believe you have to be a producer's actor first, then the director's actor," he added.
Akshay's Advice For His Co-star Mouni Roy
Known for leading a disciplined life, both personally and professionally, Akshay said people remember how a person approaches his or her work.
"She (Mouni) asked me and I told her, 'If you want to survive in this industry. Hits and flops will keep hitting you. Only thing that will keep you going is the mark you make for yourself... once that comes in people's minds, (nothing can stop you).
Akshay On Discipline
"I know a lot of producers who say 'We should take her, she gets ready in five minutes be it hair or makeup. At other times, they complain that the heroine is taking hours to get ready.
It's a very simple thing, but a very effective one. Even if you have made it big and all, but it (bad work ethic) will cut you out in the long term," he said in a group interview here.
Akshay On Actors Who Come Late On Sets
When asked if he knew any actors who came late, Akshay quipped, "I will never name people who are late. I'm very diplomatic. I have never taken any names."
Directed by Reema Kagti, Gold releases on August 15.