- Gold Box Office Report: Day Second Collection Of Akshay Kumar Starrer Is Disappointing
- Salman Khan, Ranveer Singh, Sonam Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan Wish Everyone A Happy Independence Day
- Gold Movie Review: Live Audience Updates On Akshay Kumar Starrer
- Gold Movie Review: This Akshay Kumar Starrer Is Worth More Than Gold For Its Inspiring Message!
- Disastrous Days Of Akshay Kumar: When He Had Sixteen Flops, He Still Was Offered Four More Films
- Akshay Kumar On Constantly Doing Patriotic Movies: I Hate Getting Tagged & Feel Suffocated
- Gold Vs Satyameva Jayate Box Office Predictions: The Numbers Are Pretty Impressive!
- Gold: New Song 'Bolte Parini' Brings Up Recreated Bengali Version Of 'Naino Ne Baandhi'
- John Abraham Reveals Why He Chose To Release Satyameva Jayate With Akshay Kumar's Gold
- Mouni Roy On Akshay Kumar: He's Not Just A Great Co-Actor But Also A Beautiful Human Being
- Akshay Kumar's Son Aarav To Debut In Bollywood? Here's What The Actor Has To Say
- Amy Jackson Raises The Temperature In Her Latest Black & White Shoot! Pictures
Ranbir Kapoor's recent release Sanju, based on the life story of Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, was well received by the audience and even set the box office on fire with its impressive box office collections. However, there were a few out there who criticized the biopic for whitewashing the actor's image. Meanwhile, in the recent times, Bollywood has been witnessing a rising trend of adapting real-life stories for the celluloid.
However, recently, when Akshay Kumar was asked about this growing trend, the superstar had a rather shocking reaction. Here's what the actor had to say about biopics.
Akshay Is Fascinated By Amazing Stories In History
The actor was quoted as saying, "There are so many amazing stories in history, like Tapan Das (his character in Gold), Arunachalam Muruganantham on whose life "Padman" was based, who have steered India in a positive direction."
'I Shall Be A Fool To Make A Biopic On Myself'
"I would be a fool to make a biopic on myself. I would never even think of it, it will be a shallow thing to do for myself." Was that an indirect jibe at the recently released Sanju? Well, Akshay has left us wondering with this statement.
Like Salman, Akshay Will Never Allow A Biopic On Himself
"I would never ever make a biopic on myself and I will never write a book on myself," the actor further added.
Is Bollywood Going Overboard With Biopics?
To this Akshay replied, "It is a known (fact) in our industry that if something works, almost everyone does the same thing and this is not just about biopic or sports biopic or something else. If a few films fail, everyone will run after something else."
One Sports Biopic That Akshay Would Like To See Onscreen
When asked about whom would he like to make a biopic on, the actor said, "I would like to make a biopic on Hima Das. She's a young achiever, in a sport that India's not identified with on the international stage. She won gold in a track and field event, which is a huge achievement and should be highlighted through a movie. As Indians, we run and get on to a bus and train easily. So we have the potential to run. It's only a matter of time and encouragement before we can make a name for ourselves in track and field events."