TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Rafale Deal Be Probed? — Supreme Court To Decide Today
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- IPL Auction 2019 — These Five Players May Be Sold For A High Price
- Shahrukh Breaks Silence On His Film With Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Mumbai And Its Vintage Parsi Cafes
- Can Meditation Enhance Creativity?
Last year, through her ecological and animal welfare initiative Coexist, Alia Bhatt worked towards changing attitudes and creating a better and safer environment for stray cats and dogs within our cities. The campaign also focused on the adoption of indies, with Coexist being an awareness partner for Asia's biggest adoption camp for strays held in Mumbai in December.
Speaking about Coexist's current campaign Alia Bhatt said, "To sustain ourselves, we've built a world of steel and concrete, but the survival of one species should not come at the cost of another."
She further commented, "As our cities grow, we need to focus on increasing green cover and preserving what we already have."
Bring Nature Back
"Bringing nature back will not only be beneficial to our mental and physical health but it will also help protect our fauna."
"Through this campaign, we want people to find their green - it could be a residential garden, a public park or a forested area and we want them to play an integral role in protecting these green pockets."
The campaign will also feature simple solutions which people can adopt as part of their daily routine and which will benefit the natural environment in the long run.
Reuse & Recycle
"Reducing, reusing and recycling can help save money, energy and natural resources", said Alia. "Visit our blog and our Facebook page to know how you can make your contribution towards a cleaner and greener planet."