- Sadak 2: Sanjay Dutt, Pooja Bhatt, Alia Bhatt & Aditya Roy Kapur To Star In The Film!
- Sui Dhaga Challenge: Alia Bhatt Nominates Karan Johar & Ranbir Kapoor; Akshay Kumar Fails To Do It
- Koffee With Karan Season 6 Promo Out! First Episode To Air On October 21, 2018
- Alia Bhatt's Mom Soni Razdan On Ranbir Kapoor: He Is A Lovely, Lovely Boy
- 'Are You Stupid?' Varun Dhawan Reacts To Alia Bhatt's Pay Hike
- Ranbir Kapoor Is A Womanizer! Alia Bhatt Gets Slut-shamed For Allegedly Ditching Sidharth Malhotra
- Kaun Banega Crorepati Trolled Over Question On Alia Bhatt’s Kiss; The Post Goes Viral!
- When Alia Bhatt's Sister Shaheen 'Came To A Point Of Considering Suicide'!
- Alia Bhatt's Raazi Vs Shraddha Kapoor's Stree: The Fan Club War Just Got Real! Read Details
- Guess Who Dropped By On Ranbir-Alia's Brahmastra Sets? None Other Than The President Of India!
- Rishi Kapoor Who Reprimanded Katrina Kaif From Calling Him 'Papa' Says He & Neetu Like Alia Bhatt!
- Sorry Katrina, But Karan Has Already Told Alia Bhatt That Ranbir Kapoor Will Be The BEST Husband!
All hell broke loose when Kangana Ranaut called Karan Johar the flag-bearer of nepotism straight to his face during the Koffee With Karan show and the nepotism issue took a whole new turn then on. Also, another can of worms was opened when Karan Johar, Varun Dhawan and Saif Ali Khan took to the stage saying "nepotism rocks" at the IIFA Awards 2017 and later had to apologise for their unruly stunt. A lot of celebrities gave out their two cents on the nepotism debate, and while some of them agreed that nepotism exists, the others rejected it.
Karan Johar has been defending nepotism since a year and now the girl whom he launched in Student Of The Year, Alia Bhatt, thinks the opposite. She accepted that nepotism does exist in Bollywood and even went ahead stating that she'd feel bad if she was on the other side of the aisle when not given the right opportunity. What she said was a complete opposite of what Karan Johar believes and hats off to her for speaking her mind.
Alia Bhatt Explained...
"Of late, I have realised that there is no need to defend the nepotistic nature of the industry because it does exist."
She Further Commented
"The reason why it has become an emotional debate is because it is difficult for those who don't get a chance. If I was on the other side, I would be heartbroken. I may have felt the same way."
Nepotism Exists Everywhere, Says Alia
"Yes, it does exist everywhere, but this is the only business where there's no fixed funda. You need to be at the right place at the right time."
Alia Bhatt Makes So Much Sense
"For instance, if you want to be a doctor, you study, give your examination and get a job. In film business, you can do whatever you want, but there has to be that X factor that people talk about."
Talent Is The Real Deal
"There are so many people who come from nowhere and make it big purely on the basis of their presence and what they bring to the screen."
She Further Explained
"An XYZ person can be very good looking and some other can be marginally good looking, but the latter can be a bigger star or loved more because of their talent."
I Just Got Lucky, Says Alia Bhatt
"There are no hard and fast rules as such, so I totally get the emotional upheaval. As far as I am concerned, I won't even say that I was more prepared because I was so and so's daughter. I just got very lucky with my first try (‘Student Of The Year'), but you can only get lucky with that first chance. After that only bhagwaan bachaye."