- Thugs Of Hindostan: Fatima Sana Shaikh's First Look As Warrior Thug Zafira Will Leave You Spellbound
- Exclusive! Sanya Malhotra Is Excited To Watch Thugs Of Hindostan For This Reason
- Thugs Of Hindostan: Amitabh Bachchan's First Look Revealed, Get Ready To Meet Him As 'Khudabaksh'!
- Thugs Of Hindostan Logo Poster: This First Look Of Aamir Khan's Next Is Giving Us 'GoT' Feels!
- Amitabh Bachchan Praises PM Narendra Modi's 'Swachhata Hi Seva' Movement!
- Aamir Khan Starrer Thugs Of Hindostan To Release 6 Motion Posters?
- Here's When Aamir Khan & Amitabh Bachchan Starrer Thugs Of Hindostan Trailer Will Release!
- Kaun Banega Crorepati Trolled Over Question On Alia Bhatt’s Kiss; The Post Goes Viral!
- Shweta Bachchan Will Dedicate This To Her Dad Amitabh Bachchan On His Birthday!
- Aamir Khan's Fanboy Moment: He Forgot His Lines While Shooting With Amitabh Bachchan For TOH
- Amitabh Bachchan Recalls Kaun Banega Crorepati Journey; Says He Had No Money & A Bagful Of Creditors
- Bihar Student Gets Admit Card With Amitabh Bachchan's Picture!
Karan Thapar is a known name in the world of journalism. Karan Thapar's latest book 'Devil's Advocate: The Untold Story' is a peep into his life as a journalist. In his exclusive interview with The Quint, Karan Thapar recalls what happened when he interviewed megastar Amitabh Bachchan and ended up asking about Rekha and Parveen Babi. Much to his surprise, Amitabh Bachchan ended up exploding like a volcano on his wife, Jaya Bachchan, who was sitting next to him.
When Mr Thapar Thought Big B Is Giving Him A Hint To Ask About His Love Life
While speaking to The Quint, Thapar revealed, "During one of the tape changes, Amitabh Bachchan told me a story about a Warren Beatty interview that he'd seen where the interviewer asked Warren Beatty about the women in his life.
He said, "We've all heard the stories about the women in Beatty's life but to have him questioned about this was a different experience altogether." And I said to myself, "This is a bizarre thing to say to someone who's interviewing you during a tape change. Is he giving me a hint?"
Thapar Asked Jaya Bachchan If She Trusts Her Husband
"And I asked him about Rekha; I asked him about Parveen Babi, the two ladies that I was aware of. And beyond that I didn't know more. I then switched to his wife who was sitting on the sofa beside him. And I said, "Do you believe your husband?" She looked at him and said "Yes, I do. Why on earth shouldn't I?"
Jaya: 'I Always Believe My Husband'
"I (Karan Thapar) said, "Are you saying that because you genuinely believe him or only because he's sitting beside you?" She laughed and said, "No, no , no, I always believe my husband." And then we reverted to the rest of the prepared interview and carried on for another 40 minutes."
Big B Insisted The Crew To Have Lunch
When it ended, Amitabh absolutely insisted that the crew and I stayed for lunch. Even though we demurred and said, "No, no, we ought to get back." He said, "No, no, no, you must, you must." And, so we did.
Big B Vented Out His Anger On Jaya Bachchan
"It was when we were sitting down to lunch that Amitabh began to show irritation and irritability. That then quickly developed into annoyance and anger. And it exploded almost like a volcano on his wife."
Mr Bachchan Was Irritably Rude To Her
"He was extremely, publicly, irritably rude to her in his manner. He didn't say anything that was rude but he was very rude in his manner, tone and behaviour."
Mr Thapar Says Jaya Bachchan Became The Victim For No Reason
"And we realised at once that actually this was intended for us. For me, in particular, and not for poor Jaya Bachchan. But she was the victim on whom this anger was exploding pouring out like lava of a volcano. We very quickly excused ourselves."