- Anurag Kashyap On Manmarziyaan 'Smoking' Scene Controversy: I'm Sorry If Anyone Feels Genuinely Hurt
- Manmarziyaan Weekend Collection: Film Mints Rs. 14.33 Crores In 3 Days!
- Manmarziyaan: Abhishek Bachchan-Taapsee Pannu-Vicky Kaushal Film Gets A Thumbs Up From The Audience!
- Manmarziyaan Movie Review: Anurag Kashyap Paints Love On The Canvas In Its Truest Form!
- Taapsee Wishes Anurag Kashyap: To The Man Who, In His Own Unique Way ‘Farted’ Beneath Rumi’s Wings
- Kalki Koechlin Reveals Why She Divorced Anurag Kashyap & What Exactly Went Wrong Between Them!
- Abhishek Bachchan On His Fall-Out With Anurag Kashyap During Yuva: We Never Spoke About It!
- Imaikkaa Nodigal Actor Anurag Kashyap Wants To Cast Vijay Sethupathi And Dhanush In A Film
- Proceeds Of Manmarziyaan Nagpur Concert To Go Towards The Kerala Flood Relief Fund!
- Sacred Games Cast Frustrated With Vikram's Direction, 'With Anurag Sir It Was Fun', Says An Actor!
- EXCLUSIVE! Kubbra Sait On Her Love For Mumbai, Playing Cuckoo & Sacred Games Creating History
- Rahul Gandhi Reacts To Sacred Games’ Controversy, Anurag Kashyap & Swara Bhasker Praise Him!
Are you aware about Abhishek Bachchan-Anurag Kashyap's spat that happened in 2004? It all started after the release of Yuva, when Anurag Kashyap criticised the actor for his performance in the film, while the audience raved about the same. And as expected, it didn't go well with Abhishek and the latter stopped talking to Anurag Kashyap. Then, what brought them closer? How did they mend their ways after a good fourteen years? In his recent interview with DNA, Anurag Kashyap opened up about what went wrong between him and Abhishek Bachchan, and also his experience on directing him in Manmarziyaan.
Anurag On His Spat With Abhishek
Abhishek said, "I was a writer for Yuva (2004). So, he and I didn't interact much. I've always been an aloof person.
I don't get out of my room except when I've to work. But if you talk to people with whom I have worked on the first film, they will tell you I dance on the set, I never scream."
Abhishek Expected Anurag With A 'Brooding Face'
"Abhishek told me, ‘I expected you to sit in a corner with light falling on your brooding face' and I told him, ‘I don't brood.' When I do, no one sees me because I am in my room," said Anurag.
Anurag Further Added..
"People have a perception of me that has been built by the media. I'm happy in my own space. Everyone thinks I'm super aggressive as I say things bluntly," said Anurag.
What Exactly Happened Between Abhishek & Anurag?
"I wrote in my blog that it could have been better. And I think Abhishek took it hard because that was a performance that everyone appreciated. He thought a writer usually doesn't say such things. We didn't talk to each other for 10-15 years."
Anurag On Directing Abhishek In Manmarziyaan
Speaking about directing Abhishek and talking to him after 10-14 years, Anurag said, "It was lovely; today, we have become good friends. You know when you work with someone, you think they have got your back. I felt the same with him."
Was Anurag Skeptical About Meeting Abhishek?
The Gangs Of Wasseypur director, who is known for speaking his mind, said, "I had reservations before I met him. But once I did, they disappeared."
Mark The Date!
Helmed by Anurag Kashyap, Manmarziyaan is all set to hit the theatres on September 7, 2018. The film also casts Vicky Kaushal and Taapsee Pannu in the lead roles.