TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
Anushka Sharma does not mind that her look from Sui Dhaga became the subject of viral memes online. The internet has been flooded with memes of a crying Anushka and the actor finds this amusing. "I found them hilarious. If such things happen organically then it means that the trailer has spread widely and deeply and that's why people are talking about it."
She further commented, "The picture is so realistic, the character is so real that you can make a meme on it. Usually, this is something that is far remote from Anushka. I take it as a huge compliment. It is a great plus point," Anushka told reporters here at an event.
The actor said she shared some memes with her co-star from the film, Varun Dhawan. The film, directed by Sharat Kataria of Dum Laga Ke Haisha fame, revolves around a lower middle class couple who decide to become self-reliant against odds.
Asked about the rise of heartland stories, Varun said such films connect with the audience. "If you look at the history of our Indian cinema, we used to make original films like Mother India, Anand, etc. These are Indian stories and there were some really nice films being made that time.
Also Read: Bikini Diaries: Bruna Abdullah Ups The Ante In Her Latest Beach Pictures! View Them Here!
Varun Dhawan said, "Then western influence came to our cinema. But it is cool now as we have gone back to heartland stories. I did Humty Sharma Ki Dhulania, Badrinath Ki Dhulania, etc while Anushka had a rooted character in Rab De Bana Di Jodi," he added.
Sui Dhaaga starring Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma is all set to hit the theatres on September 28, 2018. The film is directed by Sharat Katariya and co-produced by Maneesh Sharma and Aditya Chopra.