- PERSONAL WAR GETS POLITICAL! Salman Khan Gets Backlashes As He Chooses Atif Aslam Over Arijit Singh
- Irrfan Khan And Atif Aslam Reunite For 'Qarib Qarib Singlle' Post 'Hindi Medium'!
- Tiger Shroff Joins Mixed Martial Arts League!
- 'Molester' At Atif Aslam's Concert Speaks Out! Says He Has Done Nothing Wrong!
- #Trending: Atif Aslam Stops Concert, Rescues Girl
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan New Song: Salman Khan-Kareena Kapoor's Cute Chemistry
- Shiv Sena Threatens To Disrupt Atif Aslam's Performance In Pune
- B'Day Spl: Atif Aslam's Top 10 Romantic Songs Ever
- What Is Making Varun Dhawan Romantic?
- Atif Aslam Next Guest On Comedy Nights With Kapil!
- Atif Aslam's concert: Three killed in stampede in Lahore
- Himesh Reshammiya, Atif Aslam set for battle on show Sur-Kshetra
Atif Aslam has sung many popular songs in the Hindi film industry and enjoys an immense fan-following on both the sides of the border. However the Pakistani vocalist recently became a victim of trolls after he sang an Indian song at a Pakistan Independence Day function in New York earlier this month. Atif faced backlash on social media for choosing to sing an Indian song.
He sang his popular Bollywood track, Tera Hone Laga Hoon from Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009), which did not go down well by some people on Twitter who questioned his patriotism and prorities. Here's what these trollers had to say. Also check out Atif's reply to his haters-
A Twitter user by the name @sakhwa wrote, "Zero respect for Atif Aslam!"
That's Not Fair
Another Twitter user by the name @Pakistani09 wrote, "Boycott Atif Aslam @itsaadee Ap Ne Dil Tor diya #boycottAtifAslam #AtifAslam."
@ShireemMazari wrote, "Have heard Atif Aslam refused to hold the Pakistan flag! If true it is shameful indeed! Why wld he do such a senseless act? For commercial purposes? Disgusting! And I really liked his work too. But this act has destroyed it all."
The Curse Of The Troll
@capisces wrote, "As per #sources #AtifAslam sung an #indian song on #JashnEAzadi celebrations #concert at #NY #America. There are also #rumors that he #hesitate holding & waving flag of #Pakistan. If so its very #stupid of him & very bad but let him #clear untill not #guilty Pakistan."
Atif Aslam's Response To Trolls
Atif had the perfect reply for all the haters and stated that he has nothing but love for them.
Here's what he had to say to his trollers-
Let's wear this today #nevergiveup Simply love my haters 😘 Bayshak Allah izat denay aur rakhnay wala hai Sabz jhanda meri pehchan hai or mere fans jantay hain k mein iska ehtaram kerna achi tarah janta hun Mje bohat khushi aur fakhar hai k meray fans fake propaganda Ka jawab dena achi tarah Jantay hain .. I hope NAYE PAKISTAN main un sab logon ko izat dena jaan jayen gae jino ne PAKISTAN ka naam poori duniya mein roshan kia hai .. #change Hats off to #aadeez #fans kia baat hai ap sab ki - huge amount of respect for Shafqat Amanat Ali ✌@armeenakhanofficial #atifaslam Pakistan Zindabad
A post shared by Atif Aslam (@atifaslam) on Aug 9, 2018 at 5:20am PDT
Meanwhile, many like vocalist Shafqat Amanat Ali, who has also lent his voice to some Indian songs, defended Atif. He said, "I stand in support of Atif Aslam for singing his songs at the parade. Music is not Indian or Pakistani. It's just music. Singers are synonymous with their songs which are loved equally by fans from every country."