- Rajkummar Rao To Star In Anurag Basu's Life In A Metro 2?
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- Varun Dhawan & Anushka Sharma Blame These Two Actors For Spreading Rumours About Them!
- Dhoom 4: Post Salman Khan's Exit, Will Shahrukh Khan Or Ranbir Kapoor Step Into His Shoes?
- Ranbir Kapoor's Sanju Wins 4 Awards At The Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne!
- Alia Bhatt Reacts To Her FALL-OUT With Katrina Kaif & Why Kat STOPPED Liking Her Pics On Instagram!
- Ayan Mukerji Birthday Special: 5 Times He Gave Us Solid Friendship Goals With Ranbir Kapoor
- Rajkumar Hirani On Sanju: If We Had To Whitewash Anyone, We Would Have Made Sanjay Mahatma Gandhi
- Ranbir Kapoor Gives An Example Of Salman Khan As He Talks About Delivering Flop Films Continuously!
- Ranbir Kapoor & Arjun Kapoor To Star In Life In A Metro 2?
- Rishi & Neetu Kapoor To BREAK The Traditions Of Kapoor Clan For Ranbir Kapoor's GF Alia Bhatt!
- Kareena Kapoor To Romance Ranveer Singh In Karan Johar's Next? Juicy Details Inside!
Few days ago, Yash Raj Films dropped a pleasant surprise when they announced Karan Malhotra's Shamshera with Ranbir Kapoor playing the leading man. The first look teaser looked intriguing with the actor essaying a dacoit for the first time in his career. It featured a glimpse of a rugged looking Ranbir holding an axe in one hand and a bunch of arrows in another as his voice in the background mouths a punchline- 'Karam Se Dacait, Dharam Se Azaad'.
In what can be called the ultimate casting coup, director Karan Malhotra has got Sanjay Dutt to play the ruthless, merciless villain in this period action adventure. Scroll down to read more-
The Makers Pitted Sanjay Dutt Against Ranbir Kapoor For This Reason
Director Karan Malhotra says, "Shamshera is a highly ferocious and fearless character in the film. Therefore his nemesis, the villain had to be even more fierce and monumental in every aspect. Who's better than Sanjay Sir to give us that impact on screen."
Sanjay Dutt's First Film With YRF
Interestingly, Shamshera will be Sanjay's first ever film with YRF. Speaking about it the actor says, "My father and Yash uncle were very close friends and now that I'm doing my first YRF film, it is an extremely emotional moment for me. When I heard Karan's idea to pit Ranbir against me, I thought it was just brilliant. I'm looking forward to shooting this incredibly exciting film, my second with the hugely talented Karan Malhotra."
Ranbir Turns An Action Hero
Expressing his excitement over the film, Ranbir said, "Shamshera is exactly the film I was looking for. While growing up watching Hindi commercial cinema, I had an image of what a film hero should be doing."
Shamshera Is Something Out Of His Comfort Zone
"Shamshera allows me to do everything that I had imagined and it's a very exciting project for me. Karan is going to take me completely out of my comfort zone and I'm looking forward to this challenge."
An Action-Packed Ride
This high-octane adventure film is set in the heartland of India and will have jaw-dropping action sequences and a never seen before Ranbir Kapoor. Shamshera is slated to hit the shooting floors end of this year and shooting will wrap by mid 2019.
Interestingly, Ranbir Kapoor will be playing the role of Sanjay Dutt in Rajkumar Hirani's much awaited biopic 'Sanju'. On the other hand, Karan Malhotra's Shamshera will have Ranbir and Sanjay sharing screen space for the first time.