TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
BJP MLA Ram Kadam, who is under fire over his 'will kidnap girl' remarks, is caught on the wrong foot yet again on Friday after he tweeted that Bollywood actor Sonali Bendre is no more among us, only to retract it after realising that the news was not true and facing massive backlash. Bendre is currently undergoing treatment for cancer in the US.
Kadam tweeted in Marathi that 'Bollywood and Marathi diva' Sonali Bendre 'has passed away in America' and condoled her demise. After he was trolled for believing a baseless rumour, he deleted the message.
He posted another tweet, saying, "About Sonali Bendre ji, it was rumour for the last two days. I pray to god for her good health and speedy recovery."
Sonali Bendre revealed in July that she has been diagnosed with a high grade cancer and is undergoing treatment in the US.
On Monday, Kadam sparked off a storm of protest with his remarks at a Dahi Handi (Janmashtami) celebration in Mumbai. A video clip showed him saying that youngsters often seek his help after girls reject their proposals. "Come with your parents. What will I do if your parents approve? I will kidnap the girl and hand her over to you," he was heard telling the crowd.