- Deepika Padukone On Irrfan Khan's Illness: Life Is Fragile, Anything Can Happen To Anyone!
- Irrfan Khan Exits Amazon Prime Original Series Gormint Due To Ill Health
- Ranbir Kapoor & Arjun Kapoor To Star In Life In A Metro 2?
- Karwaan Weekend Collection: Irrfan Khan-Dulquer Salmaan Film Races Ahead On Day 3
- Karwaan Movie Review: Irrfan Khan & Dulquer Salmaan Make Every Minute Of This Trip Memorable!
- Irrfan Khan On His Health Update: My Days Are Unpredictable; I Have Had The Fourth Cycle Of Chemo
- EXCLUSIVE! I Am Glad I Got To Be Dulquer Salmaan's Friend First & Then His Fan - Mithila Palkar
- Dulquer Salmaan: I Want Every Film Choice Of Mine To Be A Reflection Of My Love For Cinema
- EXCLUSIVE! Dulquer Salmaan Is A Perfect Combination Of Credibility & Curiosity - Akarsh Khurana
- Irrfan Khan's Co-Star Saba Qamar Trolled For Smoking & Dressing 'Inappropriately'! Leaked Pics
- Irrfan Khan Watched Karwaan At A Special Screening In London, Here's His Review!
- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
She might have left us 'tanha, tanha' for almost a decade but Hindi cinema's darling from the 90s, Urmila Matondkar is now back with a bang as 'Bewafa Beauty' in the eponymous song from Abhinay Deo and Bhushan Kumar's film 'Blackmail'.
Also known for her captivating dance moves, the 'Chamma Chamma' girl will be seen setting the screen afire as a bar dancer in the zany song. While its music and lyrics mock lead actor Irrfan, who is dealing with an unfaithful wife, it is set inside a bar, and offers a glimpse of the place where he recites his life's tragic turn to a friend. Check out her first look from the song here-
Urmila Matondkar Looks Ravishing In The First Glimpse
The actress was cast because Deo wanted the song to revive the memory of similar songs from the past.
She Is A Perfect Match For The Song & Film
The filmmaker further added, "Firstly, Urmila is a massive star, she is not an item girl. We were not looking for an item girl for this song. We wanted a performer, someone who has tremendous value as a star in the audience's mind. We also wanted someone who has not come in front of the silver screen for a while now. From all the names we came up with, I personally believe that the biggest and best name is Urmila. She fit the bill perfectly, is gorgeous, and is an incredible dancer - a perfect match for the song and film."
It's A Naughty Track
Talking about the song, producer Bhushan Kumar says, "Although Irrfan's character in ‘Blackmail' is in a situation no man would want to be in, the mood of the film is tongue-in-cheek. We wanted a song that would be naughty and humorous without being vulgar. ‘Bewafa Beauty' is that song. With Amitabh Bhattacharya's wicked lyrics set to Amit Trivedi's racy composition and Pawni Pandey's spicy voice, picturised on a huge, magnetic star like Urmila Matondkar, this song is set to burn the airwaves in an already scorching summer."
Blackmail Was Supposed To Be A Songless Film But This Is What Happened Next
Revealing how ‘Bewafa Beauty' came to be, director Abhinay Deo recalls, "Initially, there was no song in the film. But when we were discussing the film creatively, Bhushan, being T-Series and having a keen ear for music, felt that there should definitely be a lip-sync song. I already had an idea of including a song which could take the story ahead. I did not want an item number that comes and goes. We knew that the song should be able to say something in the film.
Here's Why The Song Is Named 'Bewafa Beauty'
By its name, ‘Bewafa Beauty' states that it is about a beauty who is unfaithful, which is the premise of the film - a man whose wife is cheating on him."
Blackmail, the Irrfan-starrer has been creating waves ever since its hilarious teaser released which piqued the interest of the audience by raising the question: "What will you do if you find your wife in bed with someone else?"
The quirky comedy boasts an ensemble cast of Irrfan, Kirti Kulhari, Divya Dutta, Arunoday Singh, Omi Vaidya, Anuja Sathe, Pradhuman Singh Mall, Gajraj Rao, among others.
Produced by T-Series' Bhushan Kumar and RDP Motion Pictures' Abhinay Deo, 'Blackमेल', directed by Abhinay Deo, is slated to release on April 6, 2018. THE END
Meanwhile, check out Urmila's song right here-