- Boney Kapoor On Sridevi's First Birthday Post Demise: Not A Minute Goes By When We Don’t Miss Her
- Sridevi's Tribute Video Shown At The IIFA 2018 Plagiarised? Boney Kapoor Locks Horns With A Fan!
- Janhvi Kapoor On Sridevi: Acting For My Mother Was Instinctive; It Was Like Breathing
- After Janhvi Kapoor, Sridevi's Younger Daughter Khushi Kapoor To Enter Bollywood?
- Boney Kapoor On Janhvi Kapoor Being Compared To Her Mom Sridevi: It Worried Her
- Boney Kapoor Reprimands Jahnvi Kapoor For Her Statement On Madhubala; Was It Really Controversial?
- After Chanakya, Ajay Devgn To Play India's Legendary Football Coach Syed Abdul Rahim!
- IIFA 2018: Boney Kapoor Gets Teary-Eyed On Collecting Sridevi's Award With Son Arjun By His Side!
- Salman Khan Will Not Forgive Arjun Kapoor; Rejects Boney Kapoor's Film Cos Of Him
- Salman Khan-Arjun Kapoor’s Ugly Spat Causes A Major Financial Loss For Boney Kapoor!
- Sridevi's FIRST Wedding Anniversary Post Her Demise; Janhvi & Boney Kapoor's Posts Break Our Hearts!
- Post Sridevi's Demise, Anil Kapoor & Boney Kapoor Call Off Mr India 2, Shekhar Kapur Reacts!
Producer Boney Kapoor along with his daughters Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor landed in Delhi to attend the special screening of late actress Sridevi, organised by the Films Division, Information and Broadcasting Ministry. In the retrospective, Sridevi's films such as Mom, Lamhe, English Vinglish, Chandni and Sadma will be open for showcase. At the event, Boney Kapoor talked about his love story with Sridevi and also revealed that Sridevi took 10-12 years to reciprocate his love. While speaking at the do, Boney Kapoor got immensely emotional and his daughter Janhvi Kapoor broke down in tears too!
Boney Kapoor On His Love Story With Sridevi
Reminiscing his love story with Sridevi, Boney said it took him 10-12 years to win her heart. "I fell in love with her when I saw her for the first time on the screen. It was one sided love since the beginning.
I chased her in the sense that I went to Chennai to sign her but unfortunately she was not available at that time. I was in awe of her, her work."
Boney Admits He Fell Head Over Heels For Her
"The aura that she had created around as an actor was something that I admired. Maybe, all these reasons contributed to me falling in head over heels for her," he said.
Touching. Isn’t it?
"My love story with Sridevi is an open book. Whatever matters of the heart that can be shared is all in the public domain. What is most close (about her) will remain in the heart. That's my support system for life," he added.
Boney Was All Praises For Arjun & Anshula
Boney said his children, Arjun and Anshula from first wife Mona, too have been his strength through these tough times. "The way they have accepted Janhvi and Khushi... That has made me feel very relieved. My all four children are my strength," he said.
Janhvi Gets Teary-eyed
Janhvi Kapoor, who found it difficult to keep herself together through the reminiscences session, broke down in her father's arms while leaving the premises.
Boney Kapoor Got Emotional
Boney Kapoor also said that the void left by his wife could never be replaced, but her memories is something the family can live by.
"Today this vacuum, this void cannot be replaced but the good wishes and the goodwill that she has left behind is something that we can live with... She is with me, in my memories...with my children," a teary-eyed Boney told media.
He Further Added..
"I feel the loss of her every second of my life, not just me even my children do. This is something that we have to live with. Unfortunately, she was snatched away from us sooner than anybody expected," he added.
Veteran classical dancer and nominated Rajya Sabha MP Sonal Mansingh was the chief guest. The event was also attended by former actor-MP Jaya Prada, a frequent co-star of Sridevi's. Prada, who worked with the actor in over 16 films such as Tohfa, Mawaali, Mundadugu among others, said Sridevi's passing is a 'great loss' to the industry.
Sridevi passed away on February 24 due to accidental drowning in her hotel bathtub in Dubai.