- Manikarnika First Poster: Kangana Ranaut's Fierce Look As Rani Laxmi Bai Will Leave You Stunned!
- Kangana Ranaut Says She Is Least Interested In Joining Politics Because She Is Anyway Successful!
- Kangana Ranaut: Lynching In The Name Of Cows Is Wrong, You Feel Heartbroken At What's Going On
- Kangana Ranaut Goes The Aamir Khan Way; Demands Profit-sharing For Mental Hai Kya!
- Mental Hai Kya: Kangana Ranaut Says As A Celebrity It's Her Responsibility To Address This Subject
- Vogue Beauty Awards 2018 Winners: Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Janhvi Kapoor Win It Big!
- Kangana Ranaut Says She's Upset With The News Of Priyanka Chopra's Engagement To Nick Jonas!
- It’s Official! Kangana Ranaut & Hrithik Roshan Will Lock Horns At Box Office Next January
- What Price Did Kangana Ranaut Pay For Exposing Bullies In Industry & Being Outspoken?
- Shaheer Sheikh Spotted With Kangana Ranaut’s Mental Hai Kya Team, Is He Doing The Film?
- International Yoga Day: Kangana Ranaut & Shilpa Shetty Give Us Plenty Of Fitness Goals!
- Dhadak: Karan Johar Takes A Sly Dig At Kangana Ranaut After Launching Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter
The Cannes Film Festival has officially kick-started and we have our Bollywood's very own 'Queen' Kangana Ranaut to lead the way. The actress is in the French Riviera for her very first appearance at the Cannes and we have the very first pictures here.
After slipping into a head-to-toe black - a below-the-knee skirt and tank top from New York-based label Tibi, Neous flats and a Tod's handbag - for her travel, Kangana opted for a black glittery sari for India Pavillion at Cannes. Have a look at her ultra glamorous look here-
Retro Vibes All Over
Kangana looks gorgeous in an ultra-glamorous rendition of the famous ‘‘Aakash-tara' (i.e. starry skies) saree. The Sabyasachi Mukherjee creation is a hand-dyed and embellished with hand-cut sequins that are individually sewn using zardosi technique, to create a metallic, yet fluid fabric.
We Are Totally In Love With Her Look
The actress chose to accessorized her look with a Sabyasachi batua and the ‘teenmaniya' necklace, crafted out of rose-cut diamonds, Colombian emeralds and basra pearls from the Sabyasachi Heritage Jewelry Collection.
Here's Why She Picked Up A Sabyasachi Creation
Speaking about it, the actress had earlier told a leading daily, " Sabya is the best we have and he is creating an Indian and a few other international looks for me. I want to look my best but not look the best there. I want the attire to enhance my look. Impact is not the intention."
Reportedly Kangana's international team worked closely with fashion designer Sabyasachi to curate Indian as well as Western looks for her.
The Reason Why She Is Attending The Film Festival
Kangana said, " One of my key purposes to be at Cannes is to attend a party meant for underlining the excellence in cinema and felicitating artistes from all over the globe. I've been chosen to represent India and our industry and the great work we're doing here. On the other hand, there are plans for a conversation between Prasoon, Smritiji and me, but we are yet to discuss that in detail."
Is She Worried About Fashion Critics?
"I definitely want to look my best, but I don't want to look the best. That is where true fashion and expression comes from. It has to emanate from a good place and with good intentions. I don't have to wear something that people term as the ‘outfit of the year', but it has to enhance my personality. Making an impact - good, bad, ugly, shocking - is not my intention. I just wish that whatever I wear has a subtle connect with everyone watching me."
Kangana is accompanying Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Smriti Irani Chairman, Central Board of Film Certification, Prasoon Joshi. The actress is slated to walk the red carpet today.