- Deepika Padukone Corrects A Headline Which Mentions Her Sister Anisha As The 'Other Padukone'
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Will Not Marry In 2018, But 2019 It Is! Read Details
- Rivalry Over Wedding! Deepika Padukone Wants Everything That Priyanka Chopra Gets, Says A Filmmaker
- Ranveer Singh Renovates His House, Could It Be For The Wedding With Deepika Padukone?
- An Usually Cool Deepika Padukone Loses Temper When Asked About Her Wedding With Ranveer Singh!
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Ex-Boyfriend, Says Only Ranbir Kapoor Had The Guts To Say This To Me!
- Deepika Padukone To Return In The Next 'xXx' Film, Confirms Director DJ Caruso!
- Deepika Padukone On Irrfan Khan's Illness: Life Is Fragile, Anything Can Happen To Anyone!
- Deepika Padukone To Confirm Her Wedding Details Soon! Here's Proof
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Perform Nandi Puja Ahead Of Their Wedding!
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement: Deepika Padukone Wasn't Invited But Ranveer Singh Was?
- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
Deepika Padukone is currently enjoying the happy phase, both in her personal as well as professional life. Her last film Padmaavat was a huge blockbuster success. Though her next movie with Irrfan Khan got postponed due to his ill-health, the actress has her diary full with commercials and magazine cover shoots.
Recently, Deepika was in Chennai to attend an event for a brand which she endorses. Later, she gave an interview to the leading daily, The Hindu, where she spoke about the growing trend of women-centric films and biopics. Here's what Deepika had to say.
Deepika On Women-Centric Films
The gorgeous actress was quoted as saying, " I wouldn't say there is a dearth. I definitely feel like it's getting a little repetitive, though."
Deepika Says Roles Are Being Written For Women
"I think it has changed already. I don't think women in film today are in a place where they have to wait - or look - for a strong female part. It's all there. Now, it really boils down to the specific content: whether a particular film excites a particular actor or not."
Her Take On The Growing Trend On Biopics
"I feel like there are too many biopics being made. In the last few months, I can't count the number of biopics that we've been offered."
'Even A Common Man Has Had A Similar Journey'
Deepika further added, "They're all great; they're very strong and powerful. But when it comes to a film, after a point, how much are you going to tell me about those struggles? Even a common man on the street has had a similar journey, if you ask me."
Here's Why Piku Remains Her Favourite Film Till Date
"Piku is my most favourite film of all time. Not because I'm in it, but as a film. Just the way the story and subject was handled, the way it came together, all of it. I'm yet to see a film that did that to me," the actress was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, do you folks agree with what Deepika has to say about biopics being a hot trend these days? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.