- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Ask Guests Not To Carry A Mobile Phone At Their Wedding!
- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Walk Hand-in-hand, On A Secret Vacation! Watch Videos
- Lake Como: Pics Of Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's Wedding Destination Will Take Your Breath Away
- While Facing Trolls For Mulk, Anubhav Sinha Is Taking Inspiration From Deepika Padukone!
- Ex-lovers Katrina Kaif & Salman Khan To Follow Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone's Footsteps!
- Deepika Padukone Becomes The First B-Town Celebrity To Make It To The A-List Area At Madame Tussauds
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Madame Tussauds: Deepika Padukone To Join Katrina Kaif, Shahrukh Khan, Big B & Others In London
It's been almost two months since, Sridevi breathed her last. There's no denying that the she has left a void in the heart of Bollywood celebs, who shared a close relation with her and Deepika Padukone was surely one of them! Not many of you must be aware that Deepika Padukone used to share a very warm bond with Sridevi.
You must have remembered how Deepika Padukone broke down at the prayer meet of Sridevi. In her recent interview with Filmfare Middle East, Deepika reveals why Sridevi was a mother figure to her and also revealed that one thing that kept her and Sridevi connected for the last eleven years.
Deepika's Bond With Sridevi
"My relationship with Sridevi was beyond the movies. She was like a mother figure to me. After every single film of mine after Love Aaj Kal, I would get a call from Boney Kapoor and after he congratulated me, Sri would come on the line."
Sridevi Had Called Deepika Before Leaving For UAE
"I developed a sense of familiarity and comfort with her. A few days before she left for Ras al Khaimah in the UAE, she spoke to me." She added, "Between us it was ‘I know who you are but I also know the person.'"
Deepika Also Talked About Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh
In the same interview, Deepika Padukone also admitted that she's protective about Ranveer Singh and said, "The first time I watched him was onscreen since we never had any scenes together. I cannot think of any actor who would have done this role and brought in the kind of intensity he did with Khilji."
Deepika Was All Praise For Ranveer
"It was an author backed part but he made Khilji his own. He gave justice to the menacing part of Khilji. Audiences had to hate him to love his work. Actors are usually scared of doing negative roles for the fear of being typecast.
"But today the audiences have evolved. They are more aware. They hated Khilji's character but loved Ranveer in it."
Deepika Admits She's Protective About Ranveer
"I am very protective about Ranveer. When the world gushes on him, I am honest with my feedback of him," asserted Deepika.
Deepika Is Dying To Do A Contemporary Film With Ranveer
"I am dying to explore a regular film with him with a contemporary story. Though Ram Leela wasn't a complete period film, it does take us to a certain space with its costumes, set design, etc. We have a lot more to explore and I am waiting for an opportunity."
Deepika, On The Work Front
She was last seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmaavat and will be next seen in Vishal Bhardwaj's film based on a chapter from a book called "The Mafia Queens of Mumbai". Deepika will play the character of Sapna didi.
The film also casts Irrfan Khan in the lead role. But owing to his health issue, the film's shoot is put on hold.