- Ranveer Singh- Deepika Padukone To Get MARRIED On This Date? Insiders Reveal Details!
- TIT FOR TAT! Deepika Padukone Takes Revenge From Her Sister Anisha In Public With This Picture
- Did Deepika Padukone Offend Priyanka Chopra & Her Fans? Gets Bashed Mercilessly For Being 'Jealous'
- Deepika Padukone REVEALS What She Loves The Most About Ranveer Singh & It's Super Cute!
- Kareena Kapoor NOT INTERESTED In Working With Shahrukh Khan? Good Prospects For Aishwarya & Deepika
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Cannes 2018: Unlike Aishwarya Rai & Deepika, Sonam Kapoor FAILS To Grab Eyeballs On Red Carpet
- Anushka Sharma Ends Cold War With Deepika Padukone? Praises Her Cannes Look Leaving Fans Surprised
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone Charms In Frilly Pink, Kangana Ranaut Is Glam In Embroidered Catsuit!
- Cannes: Deepika Padukone Knows How To Get The Cape Game Bang On, See It For Yourself!
- CANNES 2018: Deepika Padukone & Kangana Ranaut LOCK HORNS At The Red Carpet Looking All FIERY [PICS]
It's been almost two months since, Sridevi breathed her last. There's no denying that the she has left a void in the heart of Bollywood celebs, who shared a close relation with her and Deepika Padukone was surely one of them! Not many of you must be aware that Deepika Padukone used to share a very warm bond with Sridevi.
You must have remembered how Deepika Padukone broke down at the prayer meet of Sridevi. In her recent interview with Filmfare Middle East, Deepika reveals why Sridevi was a mother figure to her and also revealed that one thing that kept her and Sridevi connected for the last eleven years.
Deepika's Bond With Sridevi
"My relationship with Sridevi was beyond the movies. She was like a mother figure to me. After every single film of mine after Love Aaj Kal, I would get a call from Boney Kapoor and after he congratulated me, Sri would come on the line."
Sridevi Had Called Deepika Before Leaving For UAE
"I developed a sense of familiarity and comfort with her. A few days before she left for Ras al Khaimah in the UAE, she spoke to me." She added, "Between us it was ‘I know who you are but I also know the person.'"
Deepika Also Talked About Her Boyfriend Ranveer Singh
In the same interview, Deepika Padukone also admitted that she's protective about Ranveer Singh and said, "The first time I watched him was onscreen since we never had any scenes together. I cannot think of any actor who would have done this role and brought in the kind of intensity he did with Khilji."
Deepika Was All Praise For Ranveer
"It was an author backed part but he made Khilji his own. He gave justice to the menacing part of Khilji. Audiences had to hate him to love his work. Actors are usually scared of doing negative roles for the fear of being typecast.
"But today the audiences have evolved. They are more aware. They hated Khilji's character but loved Ranveer in it."
Deepika Admits She's Protective About Ranveer
"I am very protective about Ranveer. When the world gushes on him, I am honest with my feedback of him," asserted Deepika.
Deepika Is Dying To Do A Contemporary Film With Ranveer
"I am dying to explore a regular film with him with a contemporary story. Though Ram Leela wasn't a complete period film, it does take us to a certain space with its costumes, set design, etc. We have a lot more to explore and I am waiting for an opportunity."
Deepika, On The Work Front
She was last seen in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmaavat and will be next seen in Vishal Bhardwaj's film based on a chapter from a book called "The Mafia Queens of Mumbai". Deepika will play the character of Sapna didi.
The film also casts Irrfan Khan in the lead role. But owing to his health issue, the film's shoot is put on hold.