TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Deepika Padukone is really the most luckiest girl in the country, as she bagged a movie alongside Shahrukh Khan in her very first attempt that is Om Shanti Om in 2007, as not everyone gets this kind of a golden opportunity. She was really at the right place at the right time and the rest is as they say history. During a chat with Rajdeep Sardesai, Deepika Padukone revealed that of all the movies that she has done, she believes that Om Shanti Om was the one that changed her life forever.
Om Shanti Om Changed My Life Forever, Says Deepika Padukone
"Om Shanti Om put me on the map. It changed my life overnight. When I left Mumbai for the world premiere, people viewed me very differently. The minute I landed at immigration, I realised my life had changed," said Deepika Padukone.
I Was At The Right Place At The Right Time!
"It was a combination of being at the right place at the right time, talent, hardwork, dedication and sacrifices. The fact that I moved to Mumbai, the fact that I had Anil Anand in my life who encouraged me and pushed me in that direction or Atul Kasbekar was the first person to speak to my parents to ask me to move to Mumbai. Spotting the talent and coming on as my agent at that time."
Farah Could Have Casted An Established Actress, I Was Lucky!
"Farah making Om Shanti Om at that time, wanting to cast a newcomer at that time. She could have chosen to cast an established actress but she chose to go with a newcomer. She came across the ad I had done and decided that I was perfect for the role."
Shahrukh Khan Was Willing To Take The Risk Too!
"She (Farah Khan) didn't know who I was. She purely saw me in these couples of ad campaigns, took it to Shahrukh who was willing to take that risk," she summed it up.