- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Cannes 2018: Unlike Aishwarya Rai & Deepika, Sonam Kapoor FAILS To Grab Eyeballs On Red Carpet
- Anushka Sharma Ends Cold War With Deepika Padukone? Praises Her Cannes Look Leaving Fans Surprised
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone Charms In Frilly Pink, Kangana Ranaut Is Glam In Embroidered Catsuit!
- Cannes: Deepika Padukone Knows How To Get The Cape Game Bang On, See It For Yourself!
- CANNES 2018: Deepika Padukone & Kangana Ranaut LOCK HORNS At The Red Carpet Looking All FIERY [PICS]
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone SLAYS It Like A Boss! View Pictures
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA! Ranveer Singh Was Missing Deepika Padukone Badly At Sonam Kapoor's Reception!
- Met Gala 2018: Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra's Dramatic FACE-OFF Takes Internet By Storm [Pics]
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone Tell Staff Not To Take Leave During Their Wedding; Dates Finalised
- Sorry Sonam Kapoor! Deepika Padukone Might Skip Your Wedding For This Reason
- This Picture Will Make Ranveer Singh Jealous! Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone Look So Hot Together
The 300 crore club has become the new barometer to measure the massive success of a film. While there have been other films who have achieved this milestone before in Indian cinema, Padmaavat entering this club has an additional significance to it. It is so, as it is for the first time that a woman led film has bagged this unique feat. Padmaavat is a story that was revolved around the unmatched beauty and honour of medieval India's Queen Padmavati.
Deepika Padukone who essayed the pivotal role of the queen received immense adulation, appreciation and critical acclaim for her top level performance. The other films part of this list are Dangal, PK, Sultan, Tiger Zinda Hai and Baahubali to name a few.
However, with Padmaavat entering this club, it has created history for a woman led films in Indian cinema. Here's what Deepika had to say-
The Actress Feels Blessed
When asked about her feeling on Padmaavat's grand success, Deepika said, " I feel blessed to be associated with a film that has created history in so many ways.For me,the box office collections are only an indication of how much love the film has received! The response has been beyond overwhelming and I am grateful to Sanjay Sir yet again for entrusting me with Padmavati."
Did She Feel Vulnerable When Padmaavat Was Hit By Controversy?
At a recent event, when quizzed if she ever faced a mental health situation where she felt vulnerable due to the controversies surrounding the film, the actress replied, " Padmavati (her character in the film) has made me much stronger. Irresponsible behaviour on somebody else's part will not drive me into depression."
She Has No Regrets About Opening Up About Her Depression
"I never thought about what people are going to think of me, will I be offered films or whether it will affect my popularity."
She Didn't Care A Damn About How Bollywood Would Perceive Her
"Now that you're asking me, maybe I should have since I just delivered a 300-crore hit (Padmavat). But no, I never thought about what people will think of me, or how it would affect my work or if I would be offered any films. None of these thoughts ever crossed my mind."
There's Still A Lot Of Stigma Attached To Depression
"I was only thinking about how I felt about the issue: There was a lot of stigma attached to it. I thought if I could save even one life by sharing my story, everything I set out to do would make sense. And today, when I see the kind of impact we've had in the lives of thousands of people, it is very gratifying."
On the work front, Deepika Padukone was supposed to kickstart her next film with Vishal Bhardwaj co-starring Irrfan Khan. However, the filmmaker has now decided to reschedule the film owing to Irrfan's ill health.