TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
Controversial movie, "Padmaavat" has generated a record USD 4.4 million over its three-day debut period in North America and USD 4.9 million in the first four days, setting a new record in itself.
The period drama is now playing in 326 theatres across the US and Canada in 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D formats.
"Sanjay Leela Bhansali's much-anticipated movie broke the record for the all-time biggest opening weekend for any Bollywood film in North America grossing USD 4.4 million over its three-day Friday-to-Sunday debut period and USD 4.9 million over the four-day Thursday-to-Sunday span," Box Office Guru said in a statement.
The previous record was held by Aamir Khan's 2014film "PK", which had an opening weekend of USD 3.6 million over three days.
Aamir's 2016 blockbuster "Dangal" held the extended opening weekend record with USD 4.1 million over its first five days, which "Padmaavat" also beat, the release read.
Starring Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor, the film also set a new record for the biggest single day gross of all-time for a Bollywood movie making USD 1.85 million on January 27.
Box Office Guru added the most Hindi films do not gross that much during their entire runs in North America.
Credits - PTI