- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Ask Guests Not To Carry A Mobile Phone At Their Wedding!
- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Walk Hand-in-hand, On A Secret Vacation! Watch Videos
- Lake Como: Pics Of Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's Wedding Destination Will Take Your Breath Away
- While Facing Trolls For Mulk, Anubhav Sinha Is Taking Inspiration From Deepika Padukone!
- Ex-lovers Katrina Kaif & Salman Khan To Follow Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone's Footsteps!
- Deepika Padukone Becomes The First B-Town Celebrity To Make It To The A-List Area At Madame Tussauds
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Madame Tussauds: Deepika Padukone To Join Katrina Kaif, Shahrukh Khan, Big B & Others In London
- Catfight Brewing Between Kriti Sanon & Shraddha Kapoor! Sushant Singh Rajput To Be Blamed?
- Deepika Padukone Ends Cold War With Katrina Kaif; Does The Unexpected On Her Birthday!
Deepika Padukone is in the mood to celebrate. The strife is behind her, she says, and she is looking ahead. Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film, Padmaavat was released last week after months of protests and threats, but the film's leading lady said the tough times had been overtaken by the love of the audience.
Recently, while interacting with the media at a popular Indian restaurant in Mumbai, Deepika also revealed that her parents hated one scene of Padmaavat and we gotta say they've got their reason to do so!
Deepika On Her Parents' Reaction Over Padmaavat
"My parents have seen the film and they were proud of my work, but there was a sense of disbelief, like they were thinking is she our daughter?"As I don't stay with them, they don't know much in detail about the role or the film."
She added, "I want them to enjoy the film as a normal audience. They had no idea about 'Padmaavat' and the story. The last 15 minutes of the film for my parents were tough... they hate it when I die in films."
Deepika On Ranveer
"We (Ranveer and I) don't have even a moment together in this film. When I was shooting he was not there and vice versa. I was not aware what work he has done in the film," she said.
But, Sometimes Deepika Used To Pay A Visit To Ranveer On Padmaavat Sets
"Being a central protagonist as a female actor and with this kind of budget, I did feel a sense of responsibility so at times I used to go to the sets when I saw a little bit of what they were doing," said Deepika.
Other than that, it seems as if we have shot two different films," added Deepika.
How Padmaavat Is Relevant Even Today?
Deepik said that while Padmaavat was a story that was several centuries old, it was as relevant today as ever."It looks at the power of women. Today again we are standing up for ourselves with dignity... I find her journey so relevant today," Deepika said about her character, Rani Padmavati.
Deepika On Her Personal Battle
"When Rani has so much strength, why would she need others? In my personal life I fight my own battle, I don't need anyone," she added.
Did You Know Deepika Did Jauhar Speech In One Iake?
"The jauhar speech was done in one take. I felt I would forget the lines. I did rehearsals for it. It was an intense moment on the sets. Everyone was quiet. They had kept three days for this but we did it in half a day," she said.
For Deepika, playing the part of Rani Padmini in the historical drama was the most difficult role in her decade- long career.
"This role of a Queen had no crutches like she doesn't have a sword, she doesn't get on a horse and goes on battlefield -- but there is sheer inner strength and resilience which I had to show through my eyes," Deepika said.
Inputs from PTI