- Ranveer Singh- Deepika Padukone To Get MARRIED On This Date? Insiders Reveal Details!
- TIT FOR TAT! Deepika Padukone Takes Revenge From Her Sister Anisha In Public With This Picture
- Did Deepika Padukone Offend Priyanka Chopra & Her Fans? Gets Bashed Mercilessly For Being 'Jealous'
- Deepika Padukone REVEALS What She Loves The Most About Ranveer Singh & It's Super Cute!
- Kareena Kapoor NOT INTERESTED In Working With Shahrukh Khan? Good Prospects For Aishwarya & Deepika
- STRANGE! What's Keeping Deepika Padukone Away From Signing Multiple Films Post Padmaavat?
- Are You Listening Ranveer Singh? Dwayne Bravo Can't Get Deepika Padukone Out Of His Head!
- Cannes 2018: Unlike Aishwarya Rai & Deepika, Sonam Kapoor FAILS To Grab Eyeballs On Red Carpet
- Anushka Sharma Ends Cold War With Deepika Padukone? Praises Her Cannes Look Leaving Fans Surprised
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone Charms In Frilly Pink, Kangana Ranaut Is Glam In Embroidered Catsuit!
- Cannes: Deepika Padukone Knows How To Get The Cape Game Bang On, See It For Yourself!
- CANNES 2018: Deepika Padukone & Kangana Ranaut LOCK HORNS At The Red Carpet Looking All FIERY [PICS]
Swara Bhaskar's open letter on Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmaavat hasn't gone well with many movie-goers as well as the leading cast and crew of the film. Recently, Shahid Kapoor & Ranveer Singh reacted to it and now, Deepika Padukone also gave her stern reaction, while slamming Swara Bhaskar.
It all started when Swara Bhasker wrote an open letter to Sanjay Leela Bhansali claiming that she felt like a vagina at the end of the film. In an interview with India Today, here's what Deepika has to say about Swara & her vagina rant..
"I think people miss the fact that this film was set in an era- in the 12th and 13th century when rituals like this were practiced."
Deepika Takes A Dig At Swara..
Speaking about Swara & her long open letter, she said, "She probably missed the disclaimer at the beginning of the film."
She Further Added..
"You probably went out to buy some popcorn and missed the initial disclaimers that come out. I think, secondly, the fact that it is important to view a film in totality and to see in which period it was set in."
The Film Is Not Just About 'Jauhar'
"Third of all, I think for me this film is not just about the act (jauhar) that they all committed, but it stood for so much more. For me, it's a celebration of women and their strength, power & dignity."
Shahid Also Slammed Swara
Shahid also opened up about the issue and slammed Swara by saying, "Yes, I have come to know that Swara has written a letter, but honestly, I have not yet read it yet, the letter is quite long and we are all really busy."
Shahid Called The Situation 'Awkward'
"When the entire film fraternity is standing with us, in such a situation this open letter looks a bit awkward. But she has written about her personal opinion, and everyone has the right to have one," said Shahid Kapoor.
Ranveer's Reaction Over Swara's Letter
When asked about the letter, Ranveer told PTI, "I got a message from Swara just yesterday. She loved my performance in the film. So..."