- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh’s Wedding In Italy Confirmed! Kabir Bedi Sends Out Wishes!
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Walk Hand-in-hand, On A Secret Vacation! Watch Videos
- Lake Como: Pics Of Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh's Wedding Destination Will Take Your Breath Away
- While Facing Trolls For Mulk, Anubhav Sinha Is Taking Inspiration From Deepika Padukone!
- Ex-lovers Katrina Kaif & Salman Khan To Follow Ranbir Kapoor & Deepika Padukone's Footsteps!
- Deepika Padukone Becomes The First B-Town Celebrity To Make It To The A-List Area At Madame Tussauds
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Madame Tussauds: Deepika Padukone To Join Katrina Kaif, Shahrukh Khan, Big B & Others In London
- Catfight Brewing Between Kriti Sanon & Shraddha Kapoor! Sushant Singh Rajput To Be Blamed?
- Deepika Padukone Ends Cold War With Katrina Kaif; Does The Unexpected On Her Birthday!
- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
Swara Bhaskar's open letter on Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmaavat hasn't gone well with many movie-goers as well as the leading cast and crew of the film. Recently, Shahid Kapoor & Ranveer Singh reacted to it and now, Deepika Padukone also gave her stern reaction, while slamming Swara Bhaskar.
It all started when Swara Bhasker wrote an open letter to Sanjay Leela Bhansali claiming that she felt like a vagina at the end of the film. In an interview with India Today, here's what Deepika has to say about Swara & her vagina rant..
"I think people miss the fact that this film was set in an era- in the 12th and 13th century when rituals like this were practiced."
Deepika Takes A Dig At Swara..
Speaking about Swara & her long open letter, she said, "She probably missed the disclaimer at the beginning of the film."
She Further Added..
"You probably went out to buy some popcorn and missed the initial disclaimers that come out. I think, secondly, the fact that it is important to view a film in totality and to see in which period it was set in."
The Film Is Not Just About 'Jauhar'
"Third of all, I think for me this film is not just about the act (jauhar) that they all committed, but it stood for so much more. For me, it's a celebration of women and their strength, power & dignity."
Shahid Also Slammed Swara
Shahid also opened up about the issue and slammed Swara by saying, "Yes, I have come to know that Swara has written a letter, but honestly, I have not yet read it yet, the letter is quite long and we are all really busy."
Shahid Called The Situation 'Awkward'
"When the entire film fraternity is standing with us, in such a situation this open letter looks a bit awkward. But she has written about her personal opinion, and everyone has the right to have one," said Shahid Kapoor.
Ranveer's Reaction Over Swara's Letter
When asked about the letter, Ranveer told PTI, "I got a message from Swara just yesterday. She loved my performance in the film. So..."