- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Will Not Marry In 2018, But 2019 It Is! Read Details
- Rivalry Over Wedding! Deepika Padukone Wants Everything That Priyanka Chopra Gets, Says A Filmmaker
- Ranveer Singh Renovates His House, Could It Be For The Wedding With Deepika Padukone?
- An Usually Cool Deepika Padukone Loses Temper When Asked About Her Wedding With Ranveer Singh!
- Deepika Padukone Talks About Ex-Boyfriend, Says Only Ranbir Kapoor Had The Guts To Say This To Me!
- Deepika Padukone To Return In The Next 'xXx' Film, Confirms Director DJ Caruso!
- Deepika Padukone On Irrfan Khan's Illness: Life Is Fragile, Anything Can Happen To Anyone!
- Deepika Padukone To Confirm Her Wedding Details Soon! Here's Proof
- Deepika Padukone On Biopics: I Feel Like There Are Too Many Being Made!
- Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone To Perform Nandi Puja Ahead Of Their Wedding!
- Nick Jonas & Priyanka Chopra Engagement: Deepika Padukone Wasn't Invited But Ranveer Singh Was?
- Deepika Padukone Starts Preparing For Her Wedding With Ranveer; This Is The First Thing She Bought
Deepika Padukone has carved a place as one of the best actresses in Bollywood and she's admired by fans and colleagues alike. The directors she's worked with just can't stop heaping praises on her and revealed to Open Magazine that she's truly the best star to work with.
From Sanjay Leela Bhansali to Imtiaz Ali and Shoojit Sircar, the directors got candid and revealed how it really feels working alongside Deepika Padukone in their projects. Check them out below...
Sanjay Leela Bhansali
The Padmaavat director Sanjay Leela Bhansali opened up by saying "She is every director's dream come true". SLB has previously worked with Deepika in Ram-Leela and Bajirao Mastaani.
"Here is a woman whose face is now synonymous with success. Young, ambitious girls growing up in remote corners of the country see their journey in hers. Beyond her characters, she's a friend, a guide, a person whose footsteps one would like to follow; an artist and a woman who has gradually become so much a part of the country's ethos, that she represents India in more ways than one today."
"The characters we play are reflections of me and you and any regular person with challenges. Deepika understands this very well and is not interested in letting her larger-than-life image dominate who she is on screen. She is willing to make mistakes and is happy to leave a bit of her within the role that she is playing. That's what worked for Piku."
Indrajit Lankesh - Aishwarya, Kannada Film
"It was a scene with a kid who was playing her younger brother in the film and he was already 20 films old. He was asking all kinds of questions about the camera angle and the lenses being used, etc. I saw Deepika sitting next to him and she was still. She didn't move an inch. She was so nervous, it almost felt like she was holding her breath."
Indrajit Lankesh Further Commented
"But what I also remember was that she was eager, almost hungry to learn the ropes. She was just 21, but professional as hell. She was shooting in her home city, but she never really wanted to be spoon-fed or feel domesticated."
Indrajit Lankesh Summed It Up
"She knew her weaknesses, right from the very beginning, wasn't afraid to face them and wanted to overcome them." Aishwarya, a Kannada film which released in 2006 was Deepika Padukone's first feature film and she was paired alongside Upendra.
Highest Paid Actress
Deepika Padukone who is currently the highest paid actress in Bollywood is one of the most loved performers in the nation. With entertaining the audience by back to back films, she also endorses nearly 21 brands giving the testimony of her global audience.
She's A Phenomenon
Deepika Padukone is touted as being a universal phenomenon. She is regarded as one of the few Bollywood personalities who has etched her persona beyond the silver screen.