TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
Rakhee Gulzar celebrates her 71st birthday today on August 15, 2018 and a few celebs and fans have took to Twitter to wish the actress on her special day. Rakhee started out in Bollywood in 1971 in the movie Sharmilee alongside Shashi Kapoor and she played a double role which was loved by the audiences. She has entertained the masses since close to five dacades and people now remember her as the mother of Karan Arjun.
Shahrukh Khan and Salman Khan starrer Karan Arjun was a defining moment for Rakhee Gulzar as she played the role of a mother who is waiting for the rebirth of her son. The movie was touching and moved the audiences and Rakhee Gulzar's role was one of the best. Apart from Karan Arjun, she also starred s a mother in Baazigar, Khal Nayak, Border, Soldier, Dil Ka Rishta and many more.
Rakhee Gulzar usually played the character of a widow, whose husband died at the hands of ruthless villains and getting revenge was everything. After being in the industry for close to five decades, Rakhee Gulzar was asked about the situation of the present Bollywood movies and she opened up by saying,
"I am nobody to judge today's cinema, but if you insist, here's my personal opinion. Today's hit films have a shelf life of seven days, the lyrics are incomprehensible, and the music is so noisy. Rajesh Khanna brought good films. Amitabh Bachchan brought bad films. I haven't liked a single SRK film after DDLJ."