- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Movie Review: This Shahid Kapoor Starrer Turns Out To Be A Fused Bulb!
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Live Audience Update On The Shahid & Shraddha Kapoor Starrer
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Box Office Predictions: How Much Will The Shahid Kapoor Starrer Earn On Day 1?
- Shahid Kapoor On Batti Gul Meter Chalu: Important To Stay Close To Reality
- Shahid Kapoor On Facing Tough Competition From New Kids On The Block
- Mira Rajput Urges Fans Not To Send Gifts For Zain & The Reason Is Genuine!
- Shahid Kapoor's Daughter Misha Unwell, Skips Batti Gul Meter Chalu Promotions To Stay By Her Side!
- After Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput, Kareena Kapoor Khan Confirms She Will Be Planning For Second Child!
- Shahid Kapoor's Honest Confession: I Became Relevant After Seven To Eight Years Into My Career
- Will Shahid Kapoor Not Allow The Paparazzi To Click Pictures Of His Kids Anymore? Find Out!
- Why Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Named Their Son Zain Kapoor, Complete Details Revealed!
- FIRST PIC: Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Spotted Outside The Hospital With Baby Boy Zain Kapoor
Actor Shahid Kapoor is elated that he is going to become a father for the second time, and says it was his and wife Mira Rajput's decision to break the news on Instagram. Shahid and Mira, who are already parents to 20-months-old Misha, shared a picture of their daughter alongside a caption, "Big sister," announcing they are expecting their second child.
"I am very happy. We just felt like sharing it with everybody. Mira said she wanted to put it on Instagram, and I felt the photograph was really cute. So, it was a spontaneous decision and it just happened," Shahid said at the red carpet of Dadasaheb Phalke Foundation Awards.
Shahid Dedicates His Award To Mira
Shahid, who bagged the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award (Best Actor) for his performance in Padmaavat, has dedicated the award to wife Mira Rajput.
Talking about the award he won on Saturday, Shahid said: "This is my first award for 'Padmaavat' this year, so I am really very happy and I would like to dedicate this award to my wife, Mira because she tolerated me for a year during this period and without her I wouldn't have been able to do this film. So I am very thankful to her."
Shahid Was All Praise For Brother Ishaan
The 37-year-old actor also expressed his happiness over the praise that younger brother Ishaan has been receiving for his debut film, "Beyond The Clouds". Shahid said Ishaan now needs to work harder with humility and grace.
"It's a great weekend. There's a lot of happiness within the family and Ishaan has given a spectacular performance."
Shahid Feels Ishaan Is Talented
"He is getting love from everywhere. He is very deserving of all the applause. He is a talented boy. Of course, he has just started. He has to work a lot, learn a lot and he has to work hard with humility. He has to put down his head and work," he added.
'Ishaan Is Fortunate To Be Getting Good Opportunities In The Beginning Of His Career'
"It is a huge opportunity to work with Majid Majidi in your first film. To work with Dharma Productions and Shashank (Khaitan) in your second ('Dhadak') is something that he should consider himself fortunate. He is working really hard and I am proud of him," he said.
As for his own upcoming films, Shahid is set to wrap up "Batti Gul Meter Chalu", which is being helmed by Shree Narayan Singh of "Toilet Ek Prem Katha"-fame, and also stars Sharaddha Kapoor and Yami Gautam.
"We have completed 70 per cent of the film. The rest of the shoot begins next week and it will finish in May," he said.
Inputs From PTI