- BB 12: Karanvir Bohra, Dipika Kakar & The Khan Sisters Made Yeh Hai Mohabbatein's Karan Patel Blush
- Katrina Kaif Was SHOCKED! When Neil Nitin Mukesh MISBEHAVED With Shahrukh Khan & Told Him To SHUTUP
- Sui Dhaaga Challenge: Shahrukh Khan Is The Winner, But There's A Hilarious Twist!
- CATFIGHT OF 90s! When Karisma Kapoor INSULTED Raveena Tandon Publicly At Shahrukh Khan's Holi Bash
- Shahrukh Khan: During The Making Of DDLJ, My Sister Fell Ill, They Said She Will Not Survive
- Shahrukh Khan Reveals AbRam's Cute Name For Ganpati Bappa, Shares An Adorable Click!
- When Gauri Reacted To Shahrukh Khan's Controversies: I Ain't Dependent On Him, Not Even Emotionally
- Will Shahrukh Khan Play A Marvel Superhero? This Person Spills The Beans
- Ambani’s Ganesh Utsav 2018: Shahrukh-Gauri Set Hearts Aflutter; Karisma & Kareena Turn Heads [PICS]
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2018: 5 Best Songs That Will Set The Festive Spirit!
- Shahrukh Khan Felicitated As The 'Game Changer' At India-UK Business Summit In London; See Pics!
- When Salman Khan MOCKED At Shahrukh Khan's Six-packs: It Must Have Become Four-packs By Now
Don't underestimate the power of Bollywood! The next time you take it lightly, remember that it can save your life in a war-torn Syria. A journalist who travelled through the troubled spots in Syria, particularly the world heritage town of Palmyra, recently penned an intriguing account of his travel in that nation and how it was Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan who saved him every single time.
If You Are In Trouble, Bollywood Is The Best Bet For You
Reporter Kartikeya Sharma told DNA, "Whether I went to Palmyra or any other area in Syria, if you are in trouble Bollywood is the best bet for you. All your local contacts can fail you. Even permission given by the Syrian government may not impress the army on the road. He might not like your face and you may end up sitting or standing depending on the situation. What saves you is Bollywood."
The Love For SRK Is Universal
"My car was stopped at every post and was asked to identify my self again and again. When I would say that I'm an Indian, the reply would be, "Oh you come from Hind." That would not end the conversation. Out of 100 times I was stopped, 90 percent of the soldiers said, "Give my regards to Shahrukh Khan or we love Shahrukh Khan."
'Some Asked To Give Their Regards To Karishma Kapoor Or Shahrukh Khan'
"Even Katrina Kaif, Karishma Kapoor and Amitabh Bachhan came up during the conversation. Some asked to give their regards to Karishma Kapoor or Shahrukh Khan to which number of times I would say, "Off course."
They Were Curious To Know About Abhishek Bachchan's Equation With His Wife Aishwarya
"Many asked me about Amitabh Bachhan's son. His name. His equation with Aishwariya Rai. I used my encyclopedic knowledge of Stardust, Gladrags and Filmfare to the best effect. For those moments I felt that I owed Bollywood."
When SRK Turned A Saviour
He further added, "These names helped break ice between us and the Army personnel. There were times when I sat in the front making my government escort sit behind with his papers. Whenever, the Army personnel came to inquire at the check point, I would say Shahrukh Khan and they would smile and ask me to go ahead. It is a classic case of soft power doing better than hard power. India's soft power remains Bollywood. It makes life easier and often helps to break ice in unusual and hostile circumstances. Syria is a case in example."