- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Slut-shamed; Fans Post Hate Comments, Ask Her To Undergo Surgery Like Mom Sridevi
- Swiss Honour For Sridevi! Switzerland To Install A Statue Of Bollywood's 'Chandni'
- Boney Kapoor Reveals He Took 12 Years To Win Sridevi's Heart; Janhvi Kapoor Breaks Down In Tears!
- Sridevi's First Birthday After Her Demise: These Rare Pictures Of The Late Actress Are Pure Gold!
- NTR Biopic: Rakul Preet Likely To Play Sridevi In The Balakrishna Starrer
- Rishi Kapoor Gets Trolled For Failing To Recognize His Co-Star Sridevi In A Throwback Video!
- Sridevi's Tribute Video Shown At The IIFA 2018 Plagiarised? Boney Kapoor Locks Horns With A Fan!
- B'DAY SPECIAL: These Rare Pics Of Sanjay Dutt With Sridevi, Aishwarya Rai & Others Are Unmissable
- When Janhvi Kapoor Thought She Was Going To Lose Her Mind After Sridevi's Demise!
- Janhvi Kapoor On Sridevi: Acting For My Mother Was Instinctive; It Was Like Breathing
- After Janhvi Kapoor, Sridevi's Younger Daughter Khushi Kapoor To Enter Bollywood?
- Boney Kapoor On Janhvi Kapoor Being Compared To Her Mom Sridevi: It Worried Her
Janhvi Kapoor and Ishaan Khatter starrer Dhadak is all set to hit the theatres on July 20, 2018 and there are huge expectations on the movie. Janhvi Kapoor gets the extra baggage of carrying her mother Sridevi's legacy forward, and also kick-start her career through this. We all know that Sridevi didn't want her daughter Janhvi to become an actress at first, but later changed her mind when her daughter was persistent, as she believed that the time has finally come, and understood Janhvi is serious about it.
During a recent interview with the Indian Express, Janhvi Kapoor was asked how her mother reacted when she told her that she wanted to become an actress. Janhvi, smiled and said that there was a lot of 'Aiyyo' in the house, but she eventually agreed to it. "There were a lot of sounds. There was a lot of 'Aiyyo!', but I think she knew that the bug had bitten this poor girl."
My Mother Wanted Me To Be A Doctor Instead!
"When I was a kid, she really wanted me to become a doctor. I don't know why, and I was like, ‘I am sorry mom, but I don't have the intellect to become a doctor.'"
When Asked How Her Father Reacted When She Decided To Be An Actress
"He was very chilled out. He is like a typical Kapoor. He was very supportive. He eased mom into the idea of it."
My Father Actually Was Excited!
"He was excited that I chose to prove myself or do something with my life. Mom was like, ‘I have worked this hard because I wanted my children to have it easy, so that they have a relaxed life.' But I think I wanted a fulfilling one. That meant much more to me. I don't think I would have been a satisfied person had I just lived off whatever my parents gave me."
My Parents Have Worked Very Hard!
"I think my parents have worked very hard to get where they are, but I think people often underestimate how hard it can be to be a producer or actor especially in their times. This is not a 9-5 job. It's a lifestyle to be in this profession," she summed it up to the Indian Express.