- All Not Okay Between Shahid Kapoor & Imtiaz Ali? The Director Sounds Miffed With The Actor
- Laila Majnu Trailer: Imtiaz Ali Gives His Own Twist To This Classic Love Story!
- Does Bobby Deol Hold A Grudge Against Imtiaz Ali For Replacing Him With Shahid Kapoor In A Film?
- Shahid Kapoor BOWS Out Of Imtiaz Ali's Next Film, Rajkummar Rao To Replace Him?
- Imtiaz Ali Keen To Cast Varun Dhawan In His Next After His Film With Shahid Kapoor Fails To Happen?
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Actress Nushrat Bharucha Wants To Work With These Directors!
Imtiaz Ali & Karan Johar talk about the 'heartbreak' at the panel discussion, which was a part of the launch of Karan's radio show Calling Karan season 2 on Ishq 104.8 FM. Karan says behind every good actor there is a broken heart, otherwise it is difficult to perform the way they do on screen. Johar says without a personal heartbreak, it is impossible to bring out the emotions on celluloid.
"I think actors who haven't had broken hearts don't perform the way they should. I feel if you are a goodactor you must have had a broken heart. It's not possible otherwise for you to depict a certain kind of emotion on celluloid," Johar said at a panel discussion here last night.
Karan also said that it is easy to identify someone who is trying hard to bring out the emotions without actually having been through a heartbreak.
"Sometimes your eyes do depict your heart story. Many of them whose eyes speak volume, they've been through that journey in life. You know when the actor hasn't been through this and is merely touching the surface. There's no feel, because feel comes from history," he added.
To which Imtiaz quipped, "We also know that some actors are trying to go through that experience (heartbreak) to become better actors." Karan replied, "Many a time they do that purposely. Traumatise themselves so that they perform better."
The director says there's nothing to worry about a broken heart, as it can empower you in so many ways. He said, "Sometimes when something breaks, it solidifies you to a larger extent. Jump into it, so what if you won't get reciprocated with the same amount of love, if the intensity doesn't match yours. But what you will go through, the feeling of love will nurture you in many ways."