TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Imtiaz Ali & Karan Johar talk about the 'heartbreak' at the panel discussion, which was a part of the launch of Karan's radio show Calling Karan season 2 on Ishq 104.8 FM. Karan says behind every good actor there is a broken heart, otherwise it is difficult to perform the way they do on screen. Johar says without a personal heartbreak, it is impossible to bring out the emotions on celluloid.
"I think actors who haven't had broken hearts don't perform the way they should. I feel if you are a goodactor you must have had a broken heart. It's not possible otherwise for you to depict a certain kind of emotion on celluloid," Johar said at a panel discussion here last night.
Karan also said that it is easy to identify someone who is trying hard to bring out the emotions without actually having been through a heartbreak.
"Sometimes your eyes do depict your heart story. Many of them whose eyes speak volume, they've been through that journey in life. You know when the actor hasn't been through this and is merely touching the surface. There's no feel, because feel comes from history," he added.
To which Imtiaz quipped, "We also know that some actors are trying to go through that experience (heartbreak) to become better actors." Karan replied, "Many a time they do that purposely. Traumatise themselves so that they perform better."
The director says there's nothing to worry about a broken heart, as it can empower you in so many ways. He said, "Sometimes when something breaks, it solidifies you to a larger extent. Jump into it, so what if you won't get reciprocated with the same amount of love, if the intensity doesn't match yours. But what you will go through, the feeling of love will nurture you in many ways."