- Irrfan Khan Health Update: The Actor Is Doing Great! He Sings & Records Songs, Says Vishal Bhardwaj
- Irrfan Khan Battles High-Grade Cancer With A Smile; Posts A Happy Photo Celebrating Life!
- Karwaan: Irrfan Khan-Dulquer Salmaan's Road Trip Song Titled Chota Sa Fasana Hits The Right Note!
- MUST READ: Here's How Irrfan Khan Left Everyone In Splits On The Sets Of Karwaan!
- Karwaan Trailer: Irrfan Khan's Humor & Dulquer Salmaan's Confident Bollywood Debut Is Refreshing!
- Fake Rumours Alert: Shahrukh Khan Didn't Offer Any Help To Irrfan Khan WRT His Treatment In London
Irrfan Khan today said that he is suffering from a rare disease and will share details when there is a conclusive diagnosis.
In a Twitter post, the 51-year-old actor said he and his family were jolted by the knowledge of his illness, and requested his fans and followers not to speculate about his health.
"Sometimes you wake up with a jolt with life shaking you up. The last fifteen days, my life has been a suspense story. Little had I known that my search for rare stories would make me find a rare disease."
"I have never given up and have always fought for my choices and always will.
My family and friends are with me and we are working it out the best way possible. In trying times, please don't speculate as I will myself share with you my story within a week - ten days, when the further investigations come with a conclusive diagnosis. Till then, wish the best for me," Irrfan wrote.
On February 21, the actors spokesperson had released a statement, saying that he has been diagnosed with a severe case of jaundice.
Next day, director Vishal Bhardwaj, who was scheduled to begin the shoot of his next, starring Irrfan and Deepika Padukone, postponed the filming of the project citing health concerns of his lead actors.
Irrfan will play a grey character in the movie. Earlier, in an interview with PTI, Irrfan says, "I will always be excited to work with Deepika. I am all the more excited this time (as to) how our chemistry (will) work. In this film, I am not (portraying) a decent or civilised man, so our equation in this film is completely (different from 'Piku').
"She is the most beautiful person and a good human being. It gives me happiness when I see Deepika."