- Shahid Kapoor On Batti Gul Meter Chalu: Important To Stay Close To Reality
- Shahid Kapoor On Facing Tough Competition From New Kids On The Block
- Mira Rajput Urges Fans Not To Send Gifts For Zain & The Reason Is Genuine!
- Shahid Kapoor's Daughter Misha Unwell, Skips Batti Gul Meter Chalu Promotions To Stay By Her Side!
- After Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput, Kareena Kapoor Khan Confirms She Will Be Planning For Second Child!
- Shahid Kapoor's Honest Confession: I Became Relevant After Seven To Eight Years Into My Career
- Will Shahid Kapoor Not Allow The Paparazzi To Click Pictures Of His Kids Anymore? Find Out!
- Why Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Named Their Son Zain Kapoor, Complete Details Revealed!
- FIRST PIC: Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Spotted Outside The Hospital With Baby Boy Zain Kapoor
- Mira Rajput's Birthday: Celebration Time In The Kapoor Household!
- Shahid Kapoor Throws A Challenge At Saif Ali Khan, We Wonder What Kareena Has To Say!
- Shahid Kapoor Reveals Why He Feels Lucky To Have Mira Rajput As His Wife!
Shahid Kapoor's younger sibling is gearing up for release of first film- Majid Majidi's Beyond The Clouds co-starring Malavika Mohanan. Coming from a family of 'actors', comparisons are bound to happen between him and Shahid. But Ishaan says that it's will be unfair to pit me against his brother as he is somebody with 15 years of experience.
In an interview with Bombay, the young lad opened up about his first step into Bollywood, the bond she shares with Shahid and much more. Here's what he had to share-
Shahid Has A Philosophical Side To Him Unknown To Many
Ishaan said, "He is like a sage sometimes. He has a philosophical side to him that a lot of people are not exposed to, where he says things like, ‘Beta, come let me tell you about life'. So, he imparts a lot of wisdom and shares his experience."
Ishaan Got This Piece Of Advice From Him
"Mostly, it's me listening, while sometimes he is interested in listening to my perspective about things, too. One of the most significant things my brother told me was to always be honest, as that will translate on camera. He says, ‘Chase honesty and authenticity. Be sincere in the moment. Try and find an honest moment rather than achieving a certain kind of effect'. Actors can become technically sound, but honesty always translates even if you are not doing a lot of things on camera."
Shahid A Dominating Elder Sibling? Ishaan Has This To Say
He likes to use the experience card a lot. His closing line is ‘Vadda kaun?' when he doesn't win an argument (laughs!). However, he is not overtly dominating. We come from a very liberal family. He has strong opinions, but he doesn't always share them, unless I am seeking his views. I have watched his films repeatedly and have learnt a lot by observing him. Since I am close to him, I know where a certain emotion is coming from."
Ishaan On Comparisons With Elder Brother Shahid
"I strongly believe that your work speaks for itself. I would never compare myself with him. If others do, they have a right to their opinion and freedom of choice. It will be unfair to pit me against my brother as he is somebody with 15 years of experience. There is no way I can perceive him as competition, as he is family. I don't find any sense in these comparisons."
Ishaan Never Felt Nervous About Acting
He shared, " I have been passionate about dancing and acting as long as I can remember. It was a natural progression to make it my passion, pursue it, learn more about it and develop myself as a performer. However, I was not influenced to pursue acting. It was entirely my decision.
Both my brother and mother are actors and dancers. Of course, my mom, who is a Kathak exponent, is the most established dancer amongst the three of us. The fact that my family is so accomplished translates into more responsibility for me. However, I have never felt nervous about it; instead, it has always been about eagerness and curiosity. There was so much to achieve, while discovering myself as an actor. It was only later that I realised that I am very comfortable in front of the camera and feel at home on the set."
Majid Majidi Wouldn't Have Cast Him Had He Known About His Filmi Lineage, Says Ishaan
"Karan Johar sir wanted to meet me (for 'Dhadak') and the one way he could do that was through my brother. Perhaps, he saw some videos or footage of mine on social media and thought that I was of an eligible age to be a part of the kind of films that he wanted to make. It was his decision not to audition me for his project. Majidi sir did not know about my background when he cast me. In fact, it would have hampered my chances had he known about it because he wasn't keen on casting anybody who brought any kind of baggage to the part. I got 'BTC' on the basis of the audition and I feel that have I earned the part. I am glad my journey has begun this way," the actor told the leading daily.
In Other News,
Ishaan recently wrapped up Shashank Khaitan's Dhadak co-starring Janhavi Kapoor. The film is an official remake of the Marathi blockbuster 'Sairat'.