TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
After their hit film 'Hasee Toh Phasee' which released in 2014, Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra are all set to reunite for yet another interesting project. Since last few months, rumors were rife that Sidharth is doing a film under Ekta Kapoor's production banner. While folks, those reports are absolutely true as Sidharth and Parineeti are indeed collaborating on a film.
Sidharth had earlier told DNA, "It will go on floors in Lucknow and is a love story based on the concept of groom kidnapping." And now, it has been revealed that the film has been titled 'Jabariya Jodi'. This movie was earlier tentatively titled Shotgun Shaadi.
Jabariya Jodi hit the shooting floors today and the production house shared the clapper shot from the mahurat shot today.
A source close to the film was quoted as saying to DNA, "As it's based on pakadwa vivaah, the makers felt that this was an apt name. In Bhojpuri, jabariya means zabardasti, so the title refers to a couple who is forced to get married. The two actors have also shot for the posters before leaving for Lucknow, so they should be out soon."
Interestingly, Sidharth who plays a Bihari thug in this film had made this suggestion. The daily further quoted the source as saying, "He came across this word during the readings and told the team about it. They liked it instantly."
Sidharth told the daily, "Balaji will always be special because till date, my biggest film (Ek Villain, 2014) is with Ekta. That's why the thought of calling her up about this script earlier this year was obvious. She's good at presenting and marketing a film. We have had great energies which have worked for us in Ek Villain and we are going to amplify it further with this movie."
On reuniting with his 'Hasee Toh Phasee' co-star Parineeti Chopra, Sid added, "It's an exciting film for both of us to come back together as a couple on screen. This movie has a mix of humour and good content."
Watch out this space for all the interesting updates on this film.