- Daas Dev Review: This Film Is Strictly Restricted To A Few Sips!
- Prabhas & Varun Tej’s Upcoming Movies: Who Are The Leading Ladies?
- OH GOSH! When Ranveer Singh Made Aditi Rao Hydari FLINCH On The Sets Of Padmavaat
- Sudhir Mishra's Daasdev Set To Arrive On February 16
- Aditi Rao Hydari Opens Up About Her Marriage & Separation!
- Why Aren't People As Angry When Women Are Raped & Killed In Womb: Aditi Rao Hydari On Padmavati Row
- DESPITE A SMALL ROLE! Aditi Rao Hydari Is Sure That She Will Leave Some Impact In Padmavati
- HOW SWEET OF HER! This Actress Suggested Aditi Rao Hydari's Name For Padmavati
- Bhoomi Movie Review: Revenge Is Served Stale And It's More On Us!
- Sanjay Dutt Plays Both My Mother, Father: Aditi Rao Hydari Talks About Bhoomi
- Nobody Questions The Repetitiveness Of Love Stories: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Aditi Rao Hydari Can’t Stop Boasting About Sanjay Leela Bhansali & Mani Ratnam
Actor Aditi Rao Hydari says she is extremely happy that veteran actor Jaya Bachchan recommended her name to filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali for "Padmaavat".
Hydari features in the recently released period drama as Alauddin Khilji's wife Mehrunissa.
Aditi Spills The Beans
"It felt so amazing that she (Jaya Bachchan) had suggested my name to him. I have never had that kind of support or backing in the industry.
So, when people who I love and respect so much stand up for me, or encourage and appreciate me, it means a lot," Hydari told PTI in an interview.
What Prompted Mrs Bachchan To Suggest Her Name?
Asked if she knows what prompted Jaya Bachchan to suggest her name, Aditi Rao Hydari said she read it in newspapers that it was her eyes which impressed the senior actor.
How Sweet Is That!
"When you get a blessing you don't ask questions. She did mention (the reason) why to Sanjay sir, but I read somewhere that she said there is some purity in my eyes and 'noor' on my face," she said.
Aditi Is Happy With The Response
As Mehrunissa, the actor played the perfect antithesis to Ranveer Singh's aggressive portrayal of Khilji.Describing her character as the perfect "yin to Ranveer's yang", the 31-year-old actor said she completely followed Bhansali's vision and is overwhelmed with the response she has received.
Aditi On Her Character
"The girl is beautiful inside out. She speaks very little but there is a beautiful layering to her character where she is vulnerable, delicate, but there is strength, dignity," she said.
"Khilji has a towering presence, he is temperamental, intimidating, but she has the courage to look him in the eyes and tell him the truth. I loved that about the character," Hydari said.
Why Aditi Chose Padmaavat Despite Having A Small Role?
"Padmaavat" is based on the saga of the historic 13th century battle between Maharaja Ratan Singh played by Shahid Kapoor and his army of Mewar and Sultan Khilji of Delhi.
While the film has three principal characters - Ranveer Singh, Shahid Kapoor and Deepika Padukone - jostling for her own space was not an issue for Hydari, who said she does not look at films by the length of her role.
Aditi On Shahid & Deepika
"I derive a lot of inspiration and strength. Like there was a scene with Shahid and Deepika, I really respect and admire them as people and actors.
I have immense faith in the directors I work with, that they have put me there (in the film) for a reason and they will bring out the best in me.
I don't think about anything else (referring to length of role). It's possibly a very naive way of looking at things," she said.
The "Wazir" actor along with Shahid were sort of 'newcomers' on the sets as Deepika and Ranveer had already worked with Bhansali in "Ram-Leela" and "Bajirao Mastani".
For Hydari though, being on a film set of the National Award-winning filmmaker was an experience of a lifetime.
"He (Bhansali) creates a world with such passion, every single element in that world has love, passion and honesty in it. His direction is so musical, so rhythmic, may be because of his knowledge of music, art and dance."
"He is a hard task master, he will challenge you, he keeps adding layers to your performance and watches it very minutely. At the end of the day you are exhausted but it's such a high because there is so much love you get eventually from everyone," she said.
Credits - PTI