- Happy Phir Bhag Jayegi: Live Audience Update On The Sonakshi Sinha Starrer
- Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 3 Review: Live Audience Updates On Sanjay Dutt-Jimmy Shergill Starrer
- Veerey Ki Wedding Trailer: Jimmy Shergill & Pulkit Samrat Do Quite The Opposite!
- Anurag Kashyap Thanks Smriti Irani & CBFC For Mukkabaaz U/A Certificate!
- Sonam Kapoor Locks Horns With Jimmy Shergill! It's 'Veerey Di Wedding' Vs 'Veerey Ki Wedding' Fight!
- Abhay Deol Not A Part Of Diana Penty's Happy Bhag Jayegi Sequel?
- Diana Penty Is 'Happy' To Run Away From Her Wedding Once Again!
- Red Hot Pictures! Bruna Abdullah Takes Hotness To A Whole New Level
- Happy Bhag Jayegi Movie Review: Diana Penty, Abhay Deol & Jimmy Shergill Take You On A Laugh Riot
- View Pics: Fugly Special Screening With Fugly Team
- Fugly’s ‘G Pe Danda’ Live now
- Most Underrated Actors In Bollywood
Jimmy Shergill's Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi has hit the screens today (Aug 24), and the actor is getting all the love from the critics and audiences alike for his brilliant performance in the movie. In an interview with a leading daily, Jimmy talked about his latest release, why he is not a part of Aanand L Rai's Zero, nepotism and much more. He said, "I am playing Bagga again, but the situation will be different. While HBJ was set in Pakistan, this time around, I am pursuing the girl in China, and it will take the fun and humour to another level.''
I Do What Is Offered To Me
''I enjoy doing light-hearted roles, though I started off with intense roles. Also, I do what is offered to me. When I am offered roles where I don't get the girl, the makers ask me, ‘Ladki chahiye ke dialogues?' and I choose the latter. Jokes apart, I am not in a position to ask them why I don't get the girl in the end. Having said that, I have done a few films like that, too."
I Am Not A Part Of Aanand L Rai's Zero
Jimmy has worked in almost all the films of Aanand L Rai, when asked if the director considers him, his lucky charm, Jimmy said, "If I were Aanand L Rai's lucky charm, then I would have been part of Zero. I did Aanand's first film Strangers in 2007, and we have been friends since then. However, there is no truth to the rumour that he keeps repeating me in his films. If that was the case, I would have been part of the upcoming Shahrukh Khan film, Zero, too.''
Aanand Will Call Me When There Is A Role For Me
''Aanand's production house is home for me. More than a good director, he is also a great human being and when you click with someone, it is easier to work with them. Similarly, I have not been part of Tigmanshu's Paan Singh Tomar or Raag Desh. They call me when there is a role that suits me."
Is It Difficult For An Outsider To Make His Mark In Bollywood?
"It is a great phase for Bollywood right now. There are new writers, who are scripting a variety of roles. On one hand, you have a Varun Dhawan doing a commercial film and on the other, he does a film like October. The same goes for Alia Bhatt. As for nepotism, I have always maintained my stand.''
What's Wrong In Promoting Your Son?
''If I have a son who wants to enter films, I will invest all my energies to see that he gets a decent launch. Now, whether he becomes a successful actor or not will depend on him. What is wrong in promoting your son who is keen to work in films? Problem is, people always feel that the grass is greener on the other side."