TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
John Abraham believes regional cinema is far ahead of Bollywood in terms of content as the industry concentrates on story instead of worrying about huge unnecessary budgets. The actor-producer has entered the regional space with his first Marathi production, Savita Damodar Paranjpe.
"I sometimes feel the best content, unfortunately, I'd like to say this being a Hindi film actor, doesn't come from Hindi films. It comes from regional cinema. Because when you don't have huge unnecessary budgets, you concentrate only on content," John told reporters here.
"The content here is fantastic. I think after this, I'm sure there'll be a trend which has already started; this film will be remade in hindi. You'll be really happy with this film," he added.
The actor was speaking at the trailer launch of the film, directed by Swapna Waghmare Joshi.
John, who has also produced Hindi films, said every script demands to be made in a certain language and "Savita Damodar Paranjpe" was best suited for Marathi. "When I first heard the script, (I felt) it was meant to be in Marathi. When we got the director and the cast, it was like 'Alice in Wonderland' for me," he said.
When asked if he wishes to also act in Marathi films in the future, John said, "I'd love to do a Marathi film because I'm a Marathi boy. I am proud of it. I was born and brought up in this city, I belong to this city. Marathi is our first language, we must speak it more often but unfortunately we don't..."
On the work front, John Abraham will be next seen in Satyameva Jayate. The film also stars Manoj Bajpayee and Aisha Sharma in the key roles. The film is scheduled to be released on 15 August 2018.