- Box Office Weekend: Akshay Kumar’s Gold & John Abraham’s Satyameva Jayate Earn Rs 125 Crore In Total
- Exclusive: Manoj Bajpayee: Quite Humbling That Satyameva Jayate Is Being Cheered By Masses!
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Tenure As PM Inspired Hrithik Roshan's Lakshya & John Abraham's Parmanu
- Exclusive: Bhushan Kumar On The Tremendous Box Office Success Of Satyameva Jayate!
- Satyameva Jayate Fourth Day Collection: John Abraham Starrer Stays Strong At Box Office
- Satyameva Jayate Movie Review: John Abraham's Biceps & Crowd-Pleasing Dialogues Do The Talking!
After the success of Parmanu, John Abraham is back with Satyameva Jayate, which is clashing with Akshay Kumar's Gold on 15 August. In a recent interview to a leading news agency, John revealed why he chose to release Satyameva Jayate on the Independence day weekend. The actor said, "We chose August 15 as release date of this film because it's a very commercial date and by releasing your film on that day, you are able to make good money through your film."
He added, "If we had a solo release of this film in the next week of Independence Day then also we would not be able to do that much business which we will be able to do on Independence Day with Gold so, it makes more sense to release it on a holiday."
When asked about Akshay Kumar's Gold, John said that there is enough space for two films to release together, "I think there is enough space for two big films on a holiday. It's not competing. We are complementing each other. We would love if people go and see Satyameva Jayate and we would be absolutely happy if people go and see Gold."
Revealing more about Satyameva Jayate, John said, ''I think it's meant to entertain the audience. It's a very entertaining film. It shows harsh realities like corruption and women molestation so, my character and Manoj Bajpayee's character address these situations but in different ways."
On a related note, when Akshay Kumar was asked about the clash by a leading daily, he had said, "John is my friend. In the industry, we all are friends. I have learnt that we can come together on any date. We all are friends (laughs). It is true that he is my friend and I have learned that anyone can release their film with other actor's film. Next time, I will also do the same."
Coming back to Satyameva Jayate, apart from John Abraham, the movie also features Manoj Bajpayee, Amruta Khanvilkar and Aisha Sharma in important roles.