TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
The much-anticipated Hindi remake of the Telugu cult blockbuster Arjun Reddy has been a topic of discussion ever since it was announced. While the original film starred Vijay Deverakonda as Arjun, a brilliant surgeon, who goes down the dark path of alcoholism and substance abuse after a failed relationship, the Hindi version has Shahid Kapoor stepping into his shoes. Kiara Advani reprises Shalini Pandey's role from the original flick.
There has been a lot of speculation about what the film's title would be for months now. Finally, the wait is over. The Hindi remake of Arjun Reddy finally has a title - it's Kabir Singh. The film is directed by Sandeep Vanga who was also the director of the Telugu version. The makers of the film kept the film's title very closely guarded over the last two months. Check out the first look poster here-
Director Sandeep Vanga says, "When we started work on the Hindi script, it was a very exciting journey. Kabir Singh, as the protagonist's name, came naturally, considering the character's graph. Kabir Singh has the same punch and madness of Arjun Reddy."
Earlier while sharing why he chose to cast Shahid, the filmmaker revealed, "As an actor, he has no inhibitions. Arjun Reddy is a character with a lot of rage and I think Shahid can convincingly bring it alive on screen. I was clear from the beginning that I wanted to work with him."
Shahid too is excited to explore the dark, intense space and said, "I was surprised when I saw the original film because it is unlike the kind of film one watches usually. It has been done so well and doing it for the second time, I don't know, but I wanted to try. It is a great opportunity for me."
Kabir Singh will be shot extensively in Mumbai, Delhi and Musoorie. Shahid will sport four different looks in the film and has been preparing for it over the last three months.
Workshops with all the actors are right now in full swing. "It's all about taking Kabir Singh to the next level," adds Vanga.
Kabir Singh is produced by Bhushan Kumar, Murad Khetani, Krishan Kumar and Ashwin Varde and is slated to release on 21st June, 2019. The film's shoot commenced in Mumbai a few days back.