- Manikarnika First Poster: Kangana Ranaut's Fierce Look As Rani Laxmi Bai Will Leave You Stunned!
- Kangana Ranaut Says She Is Least Interested In Joining Politics Because She Is Anyway Successful!
- Kangana Ranaut: Lynching In The Name Of Cows Is Wrong, You Feel Heartbroken At What's Going On
- Kangana Ranaut Goes The Aamir Khan Way; Demands Profit-sharing For Mental Hai Kya!
- Mental Hai Kya: Kangana Ranaut Says As A Celebrity It's Her Responsibility To Address This Subject
- Vogue Beauty Awards 2018 Winners: Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Janhvi Kapoor Win It Big!
- Kangana Ranaut Says She's Upset With The News Of Priyanka Chopra's Engagement To Nick Jonas!
- It’s Official! Kangana Ranaut & Hrithik Roshan Will Lock Horns At Box Office Next January
- What Price Did Kangana Ranaut Pay For Exposing Bullies In Industry & Being Outspoken?
- Shaheer Sheikh Spotted With Kangana Ranaut’s Mental Hai Kya Team, Is He Doing The Film?
- International Yoga Day: Kangana Ranaut & Shilpa Shetty Give Us Plenty Of Fitness Goals!
- Dhadak: Karan Johar Takes A Sly Dig At Kangana Ranaut After Launching Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter
"Main toh tandoori murgi hoon yaar, gatkaale saiyaan alcohol se." There's no denying that the lyrics of the one of the most popular items songs, Kareena Kapoor Khan's Fevicol Se is anything but acceptable. While most of the kids enjoy the song without understanding its meaning, Kangana Ranaut refuses to be a part of something which is so toxic for us, our society, our children.
Speaking of item songs, let us remind you that almost all the leading divas have done them in their careers, except Kangana Ranaut! To name a few, Katrina Kaif did 'Chikni chameli', Priyanka Chopra shook her legs on 'Pinki hai paisewaalon ki' and Deepika Padukone did an item song named 'Dum maaro dum.'"
But unlike her contemporaries, Kangana is quite confident that she will never do an item song and she has a legit reason for that.
Kangana On Why She Never Did An Item Number
Speaking about the same in an exclusive interview to Bombay Times she told, "Well... I don't do item numbers because there is nothing to be done in them. They are... they are obscene, they are at times unfair, most of them are sexist. What is there to be done in them? I personally feel they should be banned."
I Can't Be A Part Of Something Toxic
"I can't be a part of something which is so toxic for us, our society, our children. If tomorrow, you have a daughter, I have a daughter, would I want her to be called those names, objectified like that? I mean, there are children out there, we need to take responsibility for them," said Kangana.
What Makes Kangana Ranaut Different From Others
"....I am a little different. The things that make me happy, might not be the things that everyone is after. Like I don't do fairness brands, I don't do big hero films, I don't do item numbers which can boost your vanity to some unimaginable proportion."
Did Kangana Crave For A Fight?
Answering about the same, Kangana said, "Yeah, you know, a few years ago. Yeah, bring it on. That was like... but now, I think what I crave is a lot of pleasantness in my environment. But that doesn't mean that I will not raise my voice or fight for what is right."
Kangana Says No Failure Can Affect The Peace Of Her Mind
Speaking about the same, Kangana said, "I think failure is inevitable. It is nothing to feel embarrassed about. You can tell that I am not embarrassed of my failure.
Yeah, for that time it baffles you, because you obviously don't understand why things are not falling into place. In some way you feel entitled for things to fall into place. You are disappointed if it does not come together."
Is Kangana An Insecure Actress?
Kangana says, "When I get into my failure or my success, I realise that I deeply love what I do, but I am also intelligent enough to know which part of it I love. From my choices you can tell I am not somebody who enjoys a crowd shouting my name or to wake up in the morning to how many followers I have, to tell them that I have had coffee."
Kangana On Rejecting Many Brand Endorsements
"You can see the sort of commercial films that I don't do. It is easy to see that my priorities are not that. The brands that I let go. So I have this much intelligence to understand that there is something other than this that I enjoy. And that is engagement."
Why Will I Be Insecure? Asks Kangana
"A film character, the imaginary world, the engagement that it gives to my creative mind. And the sense of purpose that I get every morning. So I have figured out that the things that I love about my job, I am always going to have. I can always write, I can always direct, I can be a volunteer and just write what I want to write, and make movies. So why will I be insecure?"
I'm A Little Different: Kangana
"I am not saying that what I do, what I want, or what I like or dislike are right or wrong, no. I am just trying to tell you why I appear so unaffected by all of this.
It's not because I don't care for my happiness, in fact I care the most, but it's just that I am a little different. The things that make me happy, might not be the things that everyone is after."
Inputs From TOI