- Karan Johar Knows How To Fight The Trolls!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Was Skeptical About Ranveer Singh! Then, What Made Her Say Yes To Takht?
- Karan Johar Announces Takht With Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Janhvi Kapoor!
- Kareena Kapoor To Romance Ranveer Singh In Karan Johar's Next? Juicy Details Inside!
- After Janhvi Kapoor, Sridevi's Younger Daughter Khushi Kapoor To Enter Bollywood?
- Alia Bhatt Is Not On Karan Johar's Side On The Nepotism Debate! Here's What She Said On The Issue
- Dhadak Box Office Collection Week 1: Ishaan Khatter-Jhanvi Kapoor Film Crosses Rs 50 Crore Mark!
- Dhadak Movie Review: Despite Ishaan Khatter's Terrific Act, You Crave For Sairat's Simplicity!
- Ranveer Singh To Be Seen In Conversation With Jaggi Vasudev At IIMB Annual Leadership Conclave
- Dhadak Box Office Prediction: Will Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter Starrer Cross The 100-Crore-Mark?
- Guess Who! This Celeb Makes Janhvi Kapoor Feel Like She's The Most Important Girl In The World
- Varun Dhawan, Karan Johar, Vaani Kapoor & Others Attend Bhumi Pednekar's Birthday Bash! Pictures
Karan Johar pulled up of one of the biggest casting coup of recent times with his upcoming directorial 'Takht' which boosts of a stellar ensemble cast which includes Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Vicky Kaushal, Janhvi Kapoor, Bhumi Pednekar and Anil Kapoor. While sharing the first teaser poster of the historical film, the filmmaker had revealed that the magnum opus revolves around an epic battle for the majestic Mughal throne and is about war for love.
Well folks, brace yourself because we have some new inside details about this star-studded film and guess what, it was none other than KJo himself who teased us with some sneak peek into the film's plot while speaking to Film Companion. Here's what he had to share-
Takht Is About Warring Brothers
Karan was quoted as saying, "It's about two warring brothers and it's based on facts." Meanwhile, rumours are rife that the film may be based on the war between Shahjehan's son Aurangzeb and Dara Shikoh with Ranveer Singh in Aurangzeb's role and Kareena Kapoor Khan as his sister and the first lady of the Mughal Empire, Jahanara Begum. However, KJo is quite tight-lipped about it.
This Will Be Karan's Biggest Film Till Date
The filmmaker who is known for making larger-than-life family drama is experimenting with this new genre for the first time and we just cannot wait to watch what he has in store for us in Takht.
Takht Is Like The K3G Of The Mughal Era
Speaking about Takht, Karan revealed, "It's like the K3G of the Mughal era. But it's more extreme, there is more betrayal. It's has the tropes of court politics. It's so rich in texture."
Karan Is Petrified
"I'm really petrified. It's not the scale. It's also the relationship dynamics," he further added.
Every Actor In Takht Fits The Part To The Tee
Speaking about the stellar cast, Karan said, "It's an unusual mix of talent. They are actors who have walked the parallel path, we have the superstar dynamic with Kareena (Kapoor), there's Anil Kapoor who I have never directed before - but each actor fits the part to the tee. It's not that I have gone to them because I have access. It's a strange dichotomy. Each one has never played a part like this and yet each one fit it perfectly."
On Comparisons Between Ranveer Singh's Role In Padmaavat & Takht
"I would be lying if I didn't admit that the comparison is very challenging. I love Sanjay's aesthetic. The comparison scares me but I hope I can find my own voice. I hope I'm not doomed by comparison," Karan was quoted as saying.
Takht is slated to release in 2020.