- Where Is Taimur? Inside Pictures From Kareena Kapoor Khan's Midnight Birthday Celebration Are Love!
- Taimur Ali Khan Steals The Show At Uncle Aadar Jain's Ganpati Celebrations; His Pics Are Super Cute!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Infamous Fight With Bobby Deol's Wife: She Didn't Behave Properly With My Mom
- After Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput, Kareena Kapoor Khan Confirms She Will Be Planning For Second Child!
- BEBO’S CATFIGHT! When Kareena Kapoor Khan INSULTED Dia Mirza & Shouted 'Who The Hell Are You?'
- VIRAL! Kareena Kapoor Khan Gets Slammed For Donning A Bikini In Front Of Taimur Ali Khan [Pictures]
Last year in September, a major fire broke out on the sets of a dance reality show, leaving a section of the iconic RK studio gutted. Hence, the Kapoor family has taken the tough decision of selling the two acre RK Studio 70 years after it was established as it was not economically viable to rebuild it. R.K. Studio, the headquarters of the film production company R.K. Films, was founded and named after the Great Showman, Raj Kapoor, in 1948.
His granddaughter, Kareena Kapoor Khan, who has been under the weather for a few days, told IANS, "I don't know how far what is actually happening. In fact, I have been quite under the weather and I haven't even met my father in the last four or five days... But of course, we have all grown up walking around in those corridors."
"I think it's probably something that the family has decided, so it's upto my fathers, his brothers and up to them... If that's what they have decided, so be it," added the actress on the sidelines of the Lakme Fashion Week, where she was the showstopper for the finale show.
Rishi Kapoor, in an interview to Mumbai Mirror on behalf of the family, said they were initially juggling with the idea of renovating the place with state-of-the-art technology, but the investment in rebuilding the studio would just not have yielded sufficient revenue to keep it going. He called it a "level headed decision".
Did you know that the famous studio also held Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh's marriage (1980) functions for a good 20 days, including the reception?
Last year, when the fire took over the studio, Rishi Kapoor had tweeted that studio can be built again but the loss of the irreplaceable memorabilia and costumes of all RK Films is tragic for all.
Inputs - IANS