- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Party: Ranbir-Katrina, Salman-Aishwarya & Other B-Town Exes Under A Roof!
- Sonam Kapoor WOWS As A BRIDE On Her Wedding Day: Bachchans, Kareena With Taimur Arrive At The Venue
- Veere Di Wedding Song Tareefan Is Out! Sonam Kapoor & Kareena Kapoor Look Hip N' Happening!
- What Irked Sonam Kapoor So Bad That She Ended Up Comparing Kareena Kapoor With EX Shahid Kapoor?
- Veere Di Wedding Trailer Is So Vibrant, Extravagant & Larger Than Life! Watch It Here
- Sonam Kapoor & Anand Ahuja Move To London After Wedding? The Couple Buy A House In The UK
- Kareena Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor & Swara Bhaskar Kill It In Veere Di Wedding Song Shoot!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan: I Always Wanted To Be An Actor, So I Can't Imagine Life Without Acting
- Here's What Kareena Kapoor Wants Taimur To Become When He Grows Up!
- Kangana Ranaut Takes A MAJOR DIG At Deepika Padukone & Kareena Kapoor Over Their OBSCENE Item Songs
- Kareena Kapoor Had A Blast With Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora & Karan Johar On Easter!
- Who Is The RUDEST Bollywood ACTRESS? Here's What Fans Said AFTER MEETING Katrina, Kareena & Kajol
Kareena Kapoor is the leading actress of Bollywood. Apart from that, she is also a perfect wife and a doting mother of an adorable kid, Taimur Ali Khan.
The caring mom, who is often spotted with her baby boy at various occasions, loves to spend time with him. Recently, Kareena wrote a blog for a leading daily wherein she revealed how lucky she feels after becoming a mother and why some days were really frustrating after Taimur's birth.
The Precious Days
She wrote, "For almost every mother, the first days with her newborn baby are precious memories to be cherished forever. They are surely some of the most challenging and at the same time fulfilling days we will experience as women."
Some Were Frustrating
She added, "I remember some long days and nights, without much sleep. Some were frustrating, as I tried inexpertly to calm my crying child. Some were simply bliss - as I treasured the new life that I had been able to bring into the world."
I Will Always Remember The First Day Of Taimur's Life
"I know I have been fortunate to embark on the journey of parenthood - and I will always remember the first days of my child's life. I have been lucky. For too many mothers in South Asia, the first days of their baby's life will be remembered for a whole different reason," wrote Kareena.
Give Your Baby The Best Start
Kareena also gave three suggestions to the new mothers. She wrote, "First, we need to feed our newborn babies in the best way that we can: with our breast milk. To give your baby the best start in life that he or she deserves, start breastfeeding within the first hour of life - and feed the baby only breast milk, nothing else."
"Second, we need to challenge harmful beliefs and practices that are putting our babies in danger. We need to entrust ourselves to skilled birth attendants who are properly trained to look after us and our babies in the time around birth," added Kareena.
Treat Girls & Boys Equally
"Third, we need to look after our girls just as well as we look after our boys. As females ourselves, it is incredibly sad that baby girls do not always get the same care that baby boys do. If your baby girl becomes unwell, get help for them just as quickly as you would do for a boy," said Kareena.