- Kerala Floods: Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan & Big B Urge Fans To Donate For A Cause
- The Sizzling Esha Gupta To Marry Cricketer Hardik Pandya? The Actress Spills The Beans
- Nirbhaya Case: Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma & Others Hail The Supreme Court's Verdict!
- Mouni Roy’s Friend Esha Gupta Defends Her; Proves Mouni Isn’t Starving To Be Skinny!
- Madsaur Gang Rape Case: Swara Bhaskar, Esha Gupta, Farhan Akhtar & Others Say 'Enough Is Enough'!
- After His Break-Up With Elli AvRam, Cricketer Hardik Pandya Now Dating Hottie Esha Gupta?
The heavy downpour in Kerala caused havoc all across the state and as close to 300 people lost their lives while thousands of them were left homeless. People all across the country contributed monetarily and also sent food, blankets, clothes and other necessary items to the flood victims. Also, our very own Bollywood celebrities such as Esha Gupta, Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan and others urged their fans to contribute to the relief work.
Esha Gupta opened up to HT and thanked her fans for doing their bit and helping out people in distress. She said, "If God has been kind enough to give me a platform and a career, where people want to see what we eat and what we wear, then I should use it to make a difference. I've always done that and revolution always begins with one person. I did my part, and I'm thankful to all my followers for doing their bit."
The actress has also donated an undisclosed amount to a charity that's on the ground helping the flood victims rebuild their lives in Kerala. When asked about the amount that she donated, she said, "Charity, once spoken, doesn't remain charity anymore. This has been taught to us since childhood as part of my values. It's said even in every book of religion."
She further commented that people losing everything in Kerala has moved her personally. "I think seeing people losing everything and animals not having any place to go anywhere would move anyone. If this doesn't move anyone, then it just means that they didn't get the right upbringing, as they think, 'It shouldn't bother me as it's not happening to me.' But that's just not who I am.
Apart from Esha Gupta, actor Randeep Hooda went to Kerala through the NGO Khalsa Aid and was on the ground for the relief work. He was spotted serving food to the flood affected victims and people praised him for his simplicity and humbleness. He truly is a gem of a person.