TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
When it comes to new-age romance, no one does it better than Imtiaz Ali! Well, get ready for yet another intense story. This time, it's Imtiaz's brother Sajid calling the shots. The trailer of Ekta Kapoor and Imtiaz Ali's upcoming film 'Laila Majnu' is out and it's a modern-day retelling of the classic love tale.
Set in the picturesque location of Kashmir, Laila Majnu stars Avinash Tiwary and Tripti Dimri. In the trailer, the hero Kais is introduced as a 'rich spoilt brat' who loves women and drinking. On the other hand, Laila is a big flirt. The duo gradually fall head over heels in love with each other. However, things take an unfortunate turn for the star-crossed lovers when they get separated due to unavoidable circumstances.
Check out the trailer here.
Speaking about the film, Imtiaz Ali had earlier revealed that one of the difficult things was deciding its title. He was quoted as saying, "I always knew that Laila Majnu is the only title that this film could go by. The star, the plot of the film is Laila Majnu. We have known the legendary lovers for years and years before any one of our names were known."
He was quoted by TOI as saying, "Laila Majnu' is a contemporary story relevant and that's what makes it a classic. It's an eternal story. Such stories are more relevant, as in today's society, people are becoming lonelier. Everyone is on a constant search for a soul mate and the need for companionship is far more than ever before. People are isolated and hence, on social media you often go nuts.
So, in such times, to understand the value of connecting with someone who is almost supernatural, can be more imposing. It's not a safe film, it's passionate and real and sometimes, the real deal is not glamorous."
Laila Majnu is slated to release on 7th September.