- All Not Okay Between Shahid Kapoor & Imtiaz Ali? The Director Sounds Miffed With The Actor
- Imtiaz Ali: Some Actors Are Trying To Go Through A Heartbreak To Become Better Actors
- Does Bobby Deol Hold A Grudge Against Imtiaz Ali For Replacing Him With Shahid Kapoor In A Film?
- Shahid Kapoor BOWS Out Of Imtiaz Ali's Next Film, Rajkummar Rao To Replace Him?
- Imtiaz Ali Keen To Cast Varun Dhawan In His Next After His Film With Shahid Kapoor Fails To Happen?
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety Actress Nushrat Bharucha Wants To Work With These Directors!
When it comes to new-age romance, no one does it better than Imtiaz Ali! Well, get ready for yet another intense story. This time, it's Imtiaz's brother Sajid calling the shots. The trailer of Ekta Kapoor and Imtiaz Ali's upcoming film 'Laila Majnu' is out and it's a modern-day retelling of the classic love tale.
Set in the picturesque location of Kashmir, Laila Majnu stars Avinash Tiwary and Tripti Dimri. In the trailer, the hero Kais is introduced as a 'rich spoilt brat' who loves women and drinking. On the other hand, Laila is a big flirt. The duo gradually fall head over heels in love with each other. However, things take an unfortunate turn for the star-crossed lovers when they get separated due to unavoidable circumstances.
Check out the trailer here.
Speaking about the film, Imtiaz Ali had earlier revealed that one of the difficult things was deciding its title. He was quoted as saying, "I always knew that Laila Majnu is the only title that this film could go by. The star, the plot of the film is Laila Majnu. We have known the legendary lovers for years and years before any one of our names were known."
He was quoted by TOI as saying, "Laila Majnu' is a contemporary story relevant and that's what makes it a classic. It's an eternal story. Such stories are more relevant, as in today's society, people are becoming lonelier. Everyone is on a constant search for a soul mate and the need for companionship is far more than ever before. People are isolated and hence, on social media you often go nuts.
So, in such times, to understand the value of connecting with someone who is almost supernatural, can be more imposing. It's not a safe film, it's passionate and real and sometimes, the real deal is not glamorous."
Laila Majnu is slated to release on 7th September.