- Rani Mukerji: We Are Actors & Not Models; We Have To First Do Justice To Who We Are On Screen!
- Rani Mukherji's Open Letter On Her Birthday Is A Tight Slap To The Double Standards Of Bollywood!
- HE PROVED THEM WRONG! Ajay Devgn Was Told By People That 'He Is Not A Hero Material'
- Karan Johar On His Biggest Hichki: I Used To Get Teased A Lot For My Girlish Voice As A Child
- INSIDE PICS! Kajol, Rani Mukherji, Kareena Kapoor Have A Blast At KJo's Birthday Bash For Mom Hiroo
- WHOM IS SHE HINTING AT? Rani Mukherji's Take On Pay Disparity Will Give Major Burns To Some Actors
- RIP Sridevi! Rani Mukherji: It's A Huge Loss For Me; I Will Never Forget Her Contribution In My Life
- Arjun Kapoor, Karan Johar & Others Rush To Console Janhvi & Khushi Kapoor After Sridevi's Death!
- SHOCKING CONFESSION! Rani Mukherji Admits She CURSES & ABUSES Husband Aditya Chopra Every Day
- OUCH! Aditya Chopra Had A PROBLEM With Rani Mukherji's Star Status
- WAIT WHAT! Rani Mukherji Says If Aditya Chopra Was Like KJo, She Wouldn't Have Fallen In Love
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 2! Rani Mukherji's Reaction On Reuniting With SRK- Kajol For Aanand L. Rai Film
The gorgeous Rani Mukherji will be seen on the big screen after a really long time in Siddharth P Malhotra's Hichki. The film has her playing the role of a teacher with Tourette's syndrome.
Recently while speaking to DNA, Rani made some candid confessions about her hubby Aditya Chopra and why she thought she had forgotten to act when Hichki was offered to her. Scroll down to read more-
Rani On Why Her Husband Never Directed Her In A Film
"You should ask him that question. I don't know why he's not making a film with me. I keep telling him to do so. But that's his prerogative."
She Makes Fun Of Him For This Reason
When asked if she ever discusses about this observation at home, she replied, "Of course, we do. I keep telling him, ‘You're the biggest loser as you don't have me in your movie (laughs).'
How They Met The First Time
"But jokes apart, he's always been the director who has maintained that he chooses actors according to his script. The first time we met was for his movie. Incidentally, it was called Dulhan. That film never happened, but I became his dulhan."
Rani Thinks She Is Very Lazy
"We fell in love with each other knowing who we exactly are. In my case, I've always been very lazy. If I had my way, I would be in my room, watching television and films the whole day."
It's All About Love
"Adi is who he is and that suits me. He doesn't like going anywhere. I've married a person who isn't outgoing, so in a way, he's just like me."
Why She Wasn't Keen On Working After Adira's Birth
"Adira was a premature baby, so the doctors and nurses had advised me to do certain things. As a mother, I was like a tigress trying to protect her cub. Nothing really interested me except spending time with my daughter. Adi (Aditya Chopra), who is my husband and friend, saw that I was getting obsessed with motherhood. He constantly told me that I should get back to films as that's where I belong."
But This Is How Hichki Happened
"Around the same time, director Siddharth P Malhotra and producer Maneesh Sharma approached me for Hichki. There was something unique about its script. I asked them, ‘What if I come on set and don't know what is happening around?' After that, I was working with the team on the scripting stage when Adira was just nine months old. By the time I went on shoot, she was over a year already. It took me that much time to prep and get back to the sets, so it was valid for me to think that I had forgotten how to act."