- Rajkummar Rao Advised Patralekhaa To Walk Out Of Kangana Ranaut's Panga?
- Happy Birthday Narendra Modi: Kangana Ranaut Wishes The PM In The Most Warm Way [Watch Video]
- Panga: Has Ashwini Iyer Tiwari Signed A Non-Interference Clause With Kangana Ranaut?
- Kangana Ranaut's Manikarnika In BIG TROUBLE, Producer Gets Sacked & More Heads To Roll
- More Trouble For Kangana Ranaut! Swati Semwal To Quit The Movie After Sonu Sood?
- Sonu Sood Takes A Jibe At Kangana Ranaut, Says He Can't Work With Two Directors On One Set!
- Post Sonu Sood's Exit, Kangana Ranaut's Manikarnika To Be Re-Shot Majorly?
- Kangana Ranaut Is Committed To Manikarnika Despite All The Debacles!
- Apurva Asrani Slams Kangana Ranaut; Says 'Star Hijacking A Film Is The Worst Form Of Hara-kiri'
- Sonu Sood Hits Back At Kangana Ranaut & Questions Her Competence!
- Kangana Ranaut & Hrithik Roshan's War At The Box Office To Be Avoided? Read Details!
- Kangana Ranaut Hits Back At Sonu Sood, Says He Was Insecure & Refused To Work Under A Woman Director
After Deepika Padukone's Padmaavat, gear up for yet another period drama in the form of Kangana Ranaut's Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi'. The film is one of the most anticipated movies of 2018.
Manikarnika also marks the Bollywood debut of popular television actress Ankita Lokhande who rose to fame with Ekta Kapoor's TV soap 'Pavitra Rishta'. She will be seen essaying the role of Jhalkari Bai in the film. Recently we came across Ankita's look from the film going viral on the internet. Check it out here-
Ankita Looks Every Bit Of A Marathi Mulgi
Dressed in a Maharashtrian nauvari saree with a kamar patta (waist belt) and traditional silver jewellery, Ankita looks stunning as Jhalkari bai whom we just can't wait to watch on the celluloid.
Who Was Jhalkari Bai?
For those who ain't aware, Jhalkari Bai was an incredible warrior who disguised herself as Rani Laxmibai due to their uncanny resemblance and took command of the army, thus giving the real queen a chance to escape in the meantime during the Battle of Jhansi.
When Ankita Spoke About Her Role
The actress had earlier said, "I'd never heard of her before, not many have, but Jhalkaribai was one of the greatest heroes of our proud history. I'm honoured that I'll be telling her story to the world, fighting alongside Kangana's Rani Laxmibai."
Did She Just Reveal The Release Date Of Manikarnika?
At a recent event Ankita said, "My film is releasing on August 3. You will get to see the work I did in the movie on August 3. I hope that you guys have appreciated my work up until now. So hopefully, you like my work in Manikarnika as well. I hope this release date is finale as I am eagerly waiting for the movie as well."
On Working With Kangana Ranaut
"She's a professional on the sets. And you can only see Rani Laxmibai on the sets. Kangana is the hero of the film, and she's launching me as the heroine of this film. I'm assuming I'm the heroine now! It's not tough to launch someone, but it's important to give the right platform, which I've got. I'm playing the role of Jhalkaribai in the film, and it's a fabulous part. I'm working very hard for my role," she was earlier quoted as saying.
She's All Praises For Kangana
"She's sweet with me like she is with everyone else on the sets. We've practised together and she has helped me many times and also appreciated my scenes and dancing skills. When you are new and someone like Kangana supports you, it really means a lot."
Ankita On Playing A Challenging Role Like Jhalkari Bai
"People only know Jhalkaribai as a warrior and a replica of Rani Lakshmibai, and that made the role doubly challenging. When I discussed my scenes with Danny sir (Danny Denzongpa), he advised me to do it my way and today I believe she must have been someone like me."
Manikarnika is being helmed by filmmaker Krish who earlier directed Akshay Kumar starrer Gabbar Is Back.