- Prabhas Rejected This Blockbuster Film Opposite Deepika Padukone For Not Getting A Meaty Role!
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Trailer: Shahid & Shraddha Kapoor Take On An Important Subject!
- Ishaan Khatter: I Was Eight When Shahid Kapoor Became A Film Star
- Shahid Kapoor On Getting Waxed At Madame Tussauds: It Made Me Feel Good About Myself!
- It's Finally Happening! Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Come Together For A Project
- After Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor To Get A Wax Statue At Madame Tussauds!
- Shahid Kapoor Started Working When He Was A Child; Mother Neelima Azeem Talks About His Struggles
- Mira Rajput's Baby Shower Pics: From Lemon Cake To Hubby Shahid Kapoor's Cute Antics!
- Shahid Kapoor & Mira Rajput Celebrate Their 3rd Wedding Anniversary: A Look At Their Love Story
- Shahid Kapoor Backs Out From Performing At The IIFA Awards 2018, Here's Why!
- Vijay Deverakonda Comments On Shahid Kapoor And Dhruv Doing The Arjun Reddy Remakes
- Man In Anushka Sharma & Virat Kohli's Video Has Worked With Shahrukh Khan & Madhuri Dixit!
Shahid Kapoor's wifey dearest Mira Rajput finally made her debut in front of the camera for a TV commercial for an anti-ageing cream. Time and again, there had been speculations about her acting debut, ever since she tied the knot with Shahid Kapoor. But it looks like she ended up rubbing a certain section of netizens in the wrong way.
While her hubby couldn't take his eyes off her in the TVC and commented on her post writing, "Who's that stunner?", there were some who brutually trolled her for starring in an anti-ageing cream ad. Some called her acting skills 'fake', while there were a few who urged her to show her face "without any lighting and make up" before endorsing such an ad.
Earlier, Mira took to her Instagram page to share her first ever TV ad and captioned the video as, "Being a mother doesn't mean you stop being yourself right? Here's my #Reborn story... what's yours?" In the video, she is seen telling how beautiful it is to be a mother and how the birth of her baby daughter Misha brought her and Shahid closer. She also goes on to say, "I've always been a very hands on mom, so you tend to forget yourself as a woman. The stress, the sleepless nights - my pregnancy glow just vanished.." Check out the video here.
A post shared by Mira Rajput Kapoor (@mira.kapoor) on Aug 6, 2018 at 12:11pm PDT
Here's how the netizens reacted to her ad.
Ouch, That's Brutal
@moniishaabhagat01 wrote, "@mira,kapoor you need Olay at 22? Please show us your face without any lighting and makeup n then perhaps apply Olay for 28 days..let's post a picture after those 28 days. I'm sure the results won't be the same. Such a fake adv. Horrible."
Mira Gets Told- Acting Isn't Your Cup Of Tea!
@ashwinianp wrote, "Hungry for publicity !! Better be at home , acting is not your cup of tea!!"
Don't Associate Yourself With Such Ads
@charitarthv wrote, "We live in 21st century. You are associated with very respectable family in which @shahidkapoor and his academically talented, theatrically oriented parents Pankaj ji and Supriyaji reside. You should not associate yourself with such commercials which doesn't value "color"! Girls are beautiful in "color", too! We have to stop propagating blindsidedness towards getting white. Look at the beautiful lady @nanditadasofficial, ain't see gorgeous in her color? Hope you will understand this and your responsibility, too! Cheers!"
This User Calls It A Joke Of An Ad
@nik_invinci wrote, "Olay doesn't have presence in the 20-something demographic. Therefore this joke of an ad. Why would a 23 year old woman need an Anti-aging cream ??? Carcinogens on your face, while you are pregnant??? Horrible!!"
Calling Out Hypocrisy
@shreya0107 wrote, "I admired you, you could have choose other commercial for money n ol or whatever be a woman of your own words! Highly disappointed not because you did ad or something related to industry but the values you earlier spoke about so loud but in the end you changed your all your statements."
@aro4na wrote, "Aren't you naturally young ? Why do you need such products to look young and radiant when you are just 24??"
Meanwhile, what did you folks think about Mira's TV commercial? Let us know in the comment section below.