- Arjun Reddy Hindi Remake: Shahid Kapoor Is Having 'Dark Thoughts' & This Picture Is A Proof!
- Sonam Kapoor's Wedding Party: Ranbir-Katrina, Salman-Aishwarya & Other B-Town Exes Under A Roof!
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Why Is Shahid Kapoor Refraining From Confirming That He's Doing The Film?
- What Irked Sonam Kapoor So Bad That She Ended Up Comparing Kareena Kapoor With EX Shahid Kapoor?
- Arjun Reddy Remake: Shahid Kapoor In Vijay Deverakonda's Shoes, Why Was Arjun Kapoor Replaced?
- A Big Fat Wedding: Katrina Kaif, Ranveer Singh & Shahid Kapoor Set The Stage On Fire [Inside Photos]
- Shahid Kapoor In A Never Seen Before Avatar In Raja Krishna Menon's Next! Read Details
- Here's Why Shahid Kapoor Didn't Hide The News Of Mira Rajput's Second Pregnancy!
- Shahid Kapoor Just Announced Wife Mira Rajput's Second Pregnancy With This Cute Post!
- WOW! Brothers Shahid Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter To Star In A Movie Together? Read Details
- Is Shahid Kapoor A Dominating Elder Brother? Ishaan Khatter Reveals The Truth!
- Shahid Kapoor & His Wife Mira Rajput Expecting Their Second Baby?
The year was 2003 when Shahid Kapoor made a smashing debut with Ishq Vishq. Over the years, the actor churned out memorable performances one after the other in films like Kaminey, Haider and others.
His latest outing Padmaavat is smashing all box office records and has received major praises from all nooks and corners. The film raked in Rs. 100 crore in just four days of its release.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh had earlier tweeted, "Looking at the overall scenario, #Padmaavat has put up FANTASTIC numbers in its extended weekend... Crosses ₹ 100 cr mark... Wed [limited previews] 5 cr, Thu 19 cr, Fri 32 cr, Sat 27 cr, Sun 31 cr. Total: ₹ 114 cr. India biz. Scroll down to read more...
Padmaavat Is Shahid Kapoor's First 100 Crore Film
Yes, you heard that right! The handsome hunk has finally entered the 100 crore club with this Sanjay Leela Bhansali directorial.
Shahid On Padmavat Becoming His Highest Grosser
Recently while talking to a section of media, Shahid said, "I don't really think that the box office is up to any actor. Maybe I can at least speak for the current generation. You see the numbers of actors who work with Sanjay Leela Bhansali, you can see the numbers of actors who work with him but he isn't directing it. How can I take credit for the numbers? Nobody should take the credit for the numbers for Padmaavat. It should be Sanjay Leela Bhansali who should take all the credit."
He Is Happy To Be A Hero Of A SLB Film
Shahid further added, "We all know that the actors who work with him, they all jump. I am thankful that he gave me this opportunity and he has also taken me to such wide audience. And I know that in the years to come, it will benefit me. Of course, it is not about Padmaavat, it is what we do after Padmaavat. The film is his credit, what we do after this, will define where we stand in terms of how people view us. I am happy to be the hero of his film because all the heroes of his film become the bigger stars (laughs)!
Shahid Isn't Insecure Of Doing Two Hero Films
When asked about doing two hero films, he said, " Who says that an actor can't do two hero films? Your question is to the wrong actor. I am the one who did it. Everyone in Padmaavat did it. Go ask this question to the ones who are not doing it. Then I wouldn't have done it. If your insecurities are driving you, they are taking you away from the opportunities that God gives to you. Every opportunity brings something new to an actor. You have to take the right opportunity and the right result will be defined over a period of time. Smart choices make good careers!
He Speaks Up On The Controversial Jauhar Scene
What happened right before the jauhar scene? The king died. How can it be a celebration when the king has died?
"Every practice happens for various reasons. Within this film, Padmavati believed she would want to go into the fire as opposed to handing herself over to a man who is so evil, that he is ready to kill the entire kingdom to achieve one woman. Now you decide whether thats a good thing or a bad."
When asked if actors would be discouraged to sign up for a historical film in future after the Padmaavat controversy, Shahid said, " This was the most extreme version of controversy that one couldve witnessed. Padmaavat became a benchmark that even this could happen. We will all worry about what we are doing (referring to content of the film) and how people will react."