- Arjun Reddy Remake: After Tara Sutaria's Exit, Kiara Advani Steps In To Romance Shahid Kapoor
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Day 4 Collection: This Shahid Kapoor Starrer Earns Rs. 3.16 Crores On Monday!
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Director Shree Narayan Singh: I Connect With Real Issues That Plague India
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Movie Review: This Shahid Kapoor Starrer Turns Out To Be A Fused Bulb!
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Live Audience Update On The Shahid & Shraddha Kapoor Starrer
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Box Office Predictions: How Much Will The Shahid Kapoor Starrer Earn On Day 1?
- Shahid Kapoor On Batti Gul Meter Chalu: Important To Stay Close To Reality
- Shahid Kapoor On Facing Tough Competition From New Kids On The Block
- Mira Rajput Urges Fans Not To Send Gifts For Zain & The Reason Is Genuine!
- Shahid Kapoor's Daughter Misha Unwell, Skips Batti Gul Meter Chalu Promotions To Stay By Her Side!
- After Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput, Kareena Kapoor Khan Confirms She Will Be Planning For Second Child!
- Shahid Kapoor's Honest Confession: I Became Relevant After Seven To Eight Years Into My Career
Shahid Kapoor made his debut in the year 2003 and is still one of the most loved actors of Bollywood. But things were not as easy for Shahid as it is for his brother Ishaan Khatter, who entered the Hindi film industry with a Karan Johar production. In a candid chat with Pinkvilla, their mother Neelima Azeem revealed that Shahid started working when he was a child and struggled hard to make it big in Bollywood while Ishaan got all the help from his talented brother.
For the uninitiated, Ishaan made his debut with Iranian film director Majid Majidi's Beyond The Clouds and is winning hearts with his recently released film Dhadak, which also stars Sridevi's daughter Janhvi Kapoor.
Coming back to Neelima Azeem, she revealed recently, ''I came to Bombay and started working here, and received a lot of love and popularity myself. But Shahid took it to another level. He just took it to another level, his first film was a super duper hit, he became a youth icon.''
He Was 7 When He Performed On Stage
''He has had a very interesting journey because he started working as a child, then he started taking Shiamak Davar classes and before that he did something in Delhi for a series where he played a 7-year-old child, who was separated from his mother. He [Shahid] was brilliant at that time, he was 7-year-old.''
Shahid Gave Us All The Luxuries & Comfort
''The first time we saw him perform, the entire team was like 'yeh bacha nahi hai yaar. Kya hai yeh! Kya karta hai yeh'. I saw Shahid growing as a dancer after that and he became an impeccable performer. After that, he just changed our lives. He took our lives forward in Bombay. We started living better, we had all the luxuries and comfort."
My Stress Was Over; He Was Taking Care Of Us
"My stress was over. I was a single mother and till today he is taking care of Ishaan and me in every way. He is like 'hats off'! Shahid has worked very hard and has had a very challenging journey and the thing about both my boys is that they are very good sons, very honest and clean and extremely vulnerable. Ishaan is more like joyous and has his own energy.''
Both Shahid & Ishaan Are Wonderful
''All I can say is, both of them have been sparkling in their own times. Ishaan has been very fortunate that he started with Majid Majidi and then Dharma, with Shashank and Karan with him so, Mashallah, he had a quicker and faster journey and I suppose the younger ones do have it that way while the elder ones do create a little more hard work for themselves. That's the way its always been. But both of them are wonderful.''
Ishaan Takes Guidance From Shahid
''In Ishaan's case, his guru has always been his brother and it is very kind of him to always give me the honour and that standing in his life. I have watched both the brothers very closely and it is amazing how Sasha has guided him in life. He has played more than an elder brother's role because I was a single mother, there was no father as such living with us. So, Ishaan is mostly being guided, groomed and trained by his brother. "
All The Credit Goes To Shahid
"He has learnt a lot from Shahid and his brother has not like sat him down and taught it to him. He just took him along and let him savour the ambience and swim in waters naturally. All the credit goes to his elder brother and the rest of credit you can see in Dhadak because I can't speak so much about Ishaan as he has just arrived BUT I can speak about Shahid as he has earned it in the 15 years of his career. He has done his Kaminey, Haider, Udta Punjab, Padmaavat, he has done some fantastic amount of work."