- Nick Jonas Opens Up About His Fiancee Priyanka Chopra, Reveals How He Fell In Love With Her!
- Priyanka Chopra Gets Cozy With Nick Jonas In Texas; Their Vacation Photos Look Too Much Fun!
- Priyanka Chopra Reveals She's Asthmatic, Says It Can't Stop Her From Achieving Her Goals!
- Rivalry Over Wedding! Deepika Padukone Wants Everything That Priyanka Chopra Gets, Says A Filmmaker
- 'Happy Birthday Baby': Priyanka Chopra Wishes Nick Jonas On His Birthday With A Sweet Kiss!
- Salman Khan's Habit Of Arriving Late Pissed Priyanka Chopra; A Source Close To PeeCee Hits Back!
- Priyanka Chopra Would Either Wear Sweatshirt Or ‘Nothing At All’ For A Date Night With Nick Jonas!
- Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas Redefine Love In These Mushy Photos, Are You Ready To Go 'Awww'?
- Priyanka Chopra Reveals Her & Nick Jonas' Celebrity Nickname & Leaves Him Embarrassed!
- Bhai Se Panga! Priyanka Chopra Left Bharat Because She Doesn’t Want To Work With Me: Salman Khan
- Nick Jonas Shared An Open Kiss With This Beauty Before He Met Priyanka Chopra!
- Battling Cancer, Sonali Bendre Sports Wig As Her New Look, Thanks Priyanka Chopra For This Reason!
The Delhi gang-rape case known as the Nirabhaya case which took place on 16th December 2012 had left the entire nation in shock and deep anger. Now almost 6 years later, the justice has finally been served. Bollywood actresses like Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma and Bhumi Pednekar hailed the Supreme Court's verdict to uphold the death sentence to four convicts who gangraped and murdered a young Delhi professional in 2012. The apex Court on Monday rejected review petitions filed by three of the four convicts, saying it lacked grounds for a review.
Convicts Mukesh, 29, Pawan Gupta, 22, and Vinay Sharma, 23, had sought recall of the Supreme Court's May 5, 2017 verdict upholding the death sentence awarded by a trial court and confirmed by the Delhi High Court. The fourth, Akshay Kumar Singh, 31, had not filed for a review.
Several big names from the film industry reacted to the verdict and took to Twitter to express their thoughts-
"Justice delayed but not denied... the Supreme Court of India sends out a strong signal to perpetrators of these heinous crimes. Now, justice for the rest, so that we have no more Nirbhayas. Nirbhaya verdict."
"Her pain lives in us all. Nirbhaya verdict."
"All the moms will understand the plight of Nirbhaya case. This decision reaffirms our faith in Indian judiciary. Let's'hope for safer future."
"Finally, justice has been served and a much needed example has been set. Nirbhaya verdict."
"For a crime as barbaric as it was, I'm one with the nation's emotion. Finally justice has been served."
"Thank you Supreme Court for dismissing the plea against death penalty for convicts in Nirbhaya case.. but justice is delayed, for every daughter. They need to be punished soon, even the juvenile released."
(Inputs from IANS)