- Kerala Floods: Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Hrithik Roshan & Big B Urge Fans To Donate For A Cause
- Priyanka Chopra's Engagement Party: Why Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Will Skip It
- Shahrukh Khan, Rekha, SLB, Manish Malhotra & Others Attend Manisha Koirala's Birthday Bash! Pictures
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Demise: Shahrukh Khan Reminisces How He Used To Discuss Ailing Knees With Him
- When Atal Bihari Vajpayee Teamed Up With Shahrukh Khan & Yash Chopra For A Music Video
- RIP Atal Bihari Vajpayee: When Aishwarya Rai, SRK, Big B & Others Shared The Stage With The Leader
- Dhoom 4: Post Salman Khan's Exit, Will Shahrukh Khan Or Ranbir Kapoor Step Into His Shoes?
- Independence Day 2018: Must Watch Indian Television Shows On Armed Forces!
- Kasautii Zindagi Kay 2: Shahrukh Khan To Introduce Erica Fernandes & Parth Samthaan!
- This Letter From Rajkummar Rao, A 'Jabra Fan', To Shahrukh Khan Will Leave You Shedding Happy Tears!
- Did Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Take A SLY DIG At Shahrukh Khan Over Casting Actresses In His Films?
- Why Did He Reject It? Salman Khan Was Supposed To Play Aishwarya Rai's Brother In Josh!
Shahrukh Khan has always said that women should be treated with utmost respect. And the best thing about him is that he believes in 'practice what you preach'.
The superstar spoke to BBC World News show at length on gender equality in Bollywood and also revealed that nobody dares to misbehave with women on the sets of his films.
We Are Clear About The Attitude To Women
"At a level when I'm making films or working in films, we are very clear about the attitude to women. Even the smallest aspects, of the names coming first in title, which is not going to do anything, but the kind of respectability.''
Even This Small Thing Is Needed To Bring Equality
"Even this small thing needs to be done just to bring about the equality... Just see what we've reduced ourselves to. You know, to put a girl's name in front just to show what little guys we are, thinking of them as equals. And that is sad and that is strangely dichotomous when you're talking about creativity, and you have boys and girls working together.''
Nobody Dared Misbehave With A Women On My Set
"I have never personally, first hand and nobody, if I may say, nobody dared misbehave with a woman on my set, I am very clear on that.''
The Actor Also Talked About Inter-Communal Tensions
"There will be dissent for everything and I think, like you would also believe and we all believe, there has to be a discussion on it."
We Are The Biggest Democracy
"I think you can have a discussion and then you can talk about it in our country - we are the biggest democracy - and if you are the biggest democracy, dissent is a part and parcel of that and as much is discussion.''
Can We Just Have A Little Bit Of Discussion?
"So, when you have a story and you know when you go out sometimes, there's dissent, but as a filmmaker, as a citizen of a country and the world, you know when there's dissent, can we just have a little bit of discussion about it and sort it out instead of you know taking standoff positions... So it is possible.''
Because Of The Social Media...
When questioned if there is a kind of Hindu nationalism that is not fostering good inter-communal ties, he said, "Because of social media, whenever a certain thing, when small factions or fractions of things happen now, they seem a little bigger. But the beauty of all this is that within all this trolling and anger and people expressing themselves, they're all also connecting.''
He added, "I just see it on social media. I don't see it live anywhere and I would be wrong to comment on it that way, but I think if you have this kind of dissent or whatever if people claim it, I think just a bit of discussion especially, finally, if it's not going to be inclusive, everybody will suffer. But I think we're not at that stage at all in our country.''