- It’s Official! Kangana Ranaut & Hrithik Roshan Will Lock Horns At Box Office Next January
- What Price Did Kangana Ranaut Pay For Exposing Bullies In Industry & Being Outspoken?
- Shaheer Sheikh Spotted With Kangana Ranaut’s Mental Hai Kya Team, Is He Doing The Film?
- International Yoga Day: Kangana Ranaut & Shilpa Shetty Give Us Plenty Of Fitness Goals!
- Dhadak: Karan Johar Takes A Sly Dig At Kangana Ranaut After Launching Janhvi Kapoor & Ishaan Khatter
- Alia Bhatt, Kangana Ranaut, Juhi Chawla, Dia Mirza & Arjun Kapoor Celebrate World Environment Day
- Jim Sarbh- Kangana Ranaut Get SLAMMED For Cracking A Rape Joke At Cannes, Actor Reveals The Truth!
- Cannes 2018: Deepika Padukone Charms In Frilly Pink, Kangana Ranaut Is Glam In Embroidered Catsuit!
- CANNES 2018: Deepika Padukone & Kangana Ranaut LOCK HORNS At The Red Carpet Looking All FIERY [PICS]
- Cannes 2018: Kangana Ranaut Takes Us Back To The Vintage Era In A Stunning Black Sabyasachi Sari!
- Cannes 2018: Kangana Ranaut Makes A Shocking Comment, Says She Doesn't Want To Look The Best!
- An Upset Majid Majidi EXPOSES Kangana Ranaut's Lie; Also Reveals Why He Rejected Deepika Padukone
Kangana Ranaut's Manali house has been talk of the town ever since the first pictures landed on the social media. In a tete-a-tete with Bombay Times, Kangana Ranaut talks about her Manali house and also reveals how she used to plan building a house in Europe.
When asked if it was her dream to build her own house at the place where she belongs to, she said, "No. I always felt that if I have the option, why would I build a house in Himachal Pradesh? I'll make it in Europe or somewhere."
So, why did Kangana stopped dreaming about Europe? Here's what she said..
Kangana's Physical Restlessness Died Down
"When you are a tourist you go on this drive, where you want to hike, you want to skate, there is a lot of physical restlessness. That died down, it just settled. Maybe because I travelled a lot, or maybe because it just had to.
And then started another restlessness, which was more within, and I wanted to find who I am. For that I need a place."
Here's How Manali's House Came Into The Picture
"Around four years ago, it was spontaneous, and I told my parents that I want to make a very small house in Manali and test that feeling... like have a one bedroom and kitchen and see how I feel there. Do I feel a sense of what I am looking for?
And I was so busy with my work. And they got this grand project, they saw the land, and I am like, what? You guys spent so much and got this, but I was just testing!"
Kangana Was Earlier Very Confused..
"And then one thing rolled into another, and my architect came over, and she made this grand house. When I came in for the first time, I was like, I don't know, I am investing all my savings, everything that I have ever done, you know, into something that I don't know if I will be able to relate with. I was very confused."
'The Kartikeya Temple Was A Big Indicator For Me'
"But when I came here, the Kartikeya temple was a big indicator for me. The locals came and they said I should go and visit it. The vibration here is so strong, and when they told me there is this temple, I asked which one is this?
And I had read a lot about Kartikeya's mahasamadhi in the Himalayas, and I asked if this is the same place where it took place, and they said yes. And I am like, this is it. This is it."
Kangana's House Is Named Kartikeya Niwas After The Temple
"So that was this indication for me. Basically for me, it's more for a spiritual purpose. And my house is named Kartikeya Niwas, after the temple.
I feel I am so fortunate to be in this place, because this is such a great place, such a great energy. I mean, I can't explain enough how fortunate I feel, because of the temple."
What Will Kangana Choose Between Manali & Mumbai?
"Don't get me wrong, it is not like I don't love Maharashtra, I am playing a Marathi these days (laughs). I am playing Lakshmi Bai and I am speaking some Marathi as well. My characters affect me a lot and that has also given me a sense of belonging there.
But the Himalayas have their own charm. It's the vibration here. The temple right above my house, the one I mentioned. And the vibration of it, it is easier to meditate here, it is easier to do yoga, it is easier to concentrate. So for these things, this place gets extra marks, but that doesn't mean Mumbai is any less."
Kangana On Mumbai: It Gave Me Everything
"Mumbai is the one who sort of raised me, you know? So if you have to compare, you know how they say Yashoda will always be the bigger influence (for Krishna), how the one who adopts you and loves you like a mother will always have the higher place?
That's how Mumbai is. I went there as a nobody, with Rs 1500, and it gave me everything."